6 Days Best of Congo & Rwanda safari
Highlights of the 6 Days Best of Congo & Rwanda safari
- Day 1: Kigali to Gisenyi – Congo Boarder.
- Day 2: Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Congo
- Day 3: Ascending Mount Nyiragongo
- Day 3: Ascending Mount Nyiragongo
- Day 4: Descend Nyiragongo & Proceed to Kigali
- Day 5: Transfer to Akagera national park and Ihema Boat Cruise
- Day 6: Early morning game drive and transfer back to Kigali
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Kigali to Gisenyi – Congo Border
- Kigali to Gisenyi – Congo Border: Day one of the 6 Days Best of Congo & Rwanda safari, You will meet your guide at a location of your choice in Kigali at 8 am then together you will embark on your drive to cross into Congo to Goma. You will arrive at the border by 10 am and then you check in with the tourism office located at the Grand Barrier border Post where you will receive your permits for mountain gorilla trekking and Nyiragongo hike. Thereafter you will be transferred to Kibumba tented camp just near the trailhead of Nyiragongo volcano, where you will have lunch, spend the rest of the day at leisure, later have dinner and a night stay.
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Congo
- Mountain Gorilla Trekking: Day two of the 6 Days Safari, you will have breakfast and then head to Bukima patrol passport with your passport and permit details for registration and briefing. After the briefing, you will enter into the forest with your ranger guide for your mountain gorilla trekking experience that will take at total of about 4 to 5 hours with one hour spent with the mountain gorillas. You will spend one hour with the gorillas appreciating the mountain gorillas as they go about their day to day life, playing, nurturing the young, eating among other many things. After the trek, you will head back to the camp for a late lunch and spend the rest of the day at leisure. Some of the activities you can do at leisure include nature walks, bird watching and just chilling and enjoying the camp facilities. You will have dinner and an overnight stay at the camp.
Day 3: Ascending Mount Nyiragongo
- Ascending Mount Nyiragongo: Day three of the 6 Days Best of Congo & Rwanda safari, You will have breakfast and then head to the starting point by 8 am; you will have a briefing and then begin your hike. Here you will also be able to hire a porter to help you with your luggage up the mountain; you will be at the mount summit in 6 hours, where you will have meals and overnight stay.
Day 4: Descend Nyiragongo & Proceed to Kigali
- Descend Nyiragongo: Day four of the 6 Days DRC Virunga, Nyiragongo, and Rwanda Akagera Safari, you will have a breakfast snack at the summit and then descend the Volcano.
- Transfer to Kigali: You will be in Kibati by 11:00 am, connect with your guide and head to Goma, to acquire a Rwandan Visa and then proceed to Kigali.
- Kigali City tour: You will have lunch, and then a city tour to visit the Genocide memorial site in Kigali and Kaplaki crafts village for souvenir shopping after you will head to your accommodation for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 5: Transfer to Akagera National Park and Ihema Boat Cruise.
- Transfer to Akagera: Day five of the 6 Days Best of Congo & Rwanda safari, you will have an early breakfast at your accommodation in Kigali and after breakfast head to Akagera national park. You will be in Akagera National Park in the afternoon, check into your accommodation, have lunch …
- Boat Cruise: then after lunch goes for a boat cruise on Lake Ihema where you will see animals like hippopotamuses, Crocodiles and waterbird species that live around the lake and the surrounding swamps. After the boat cruise experience, you will then head to your accommodation for dinner and night rest
Day 6: Early morning Game Drive and transfer back to Kigali.
- morning Game Drive: Day six of the 6 Days Best of Congo & Rwanda safari, you will be up early, have breakfast at your accommodation and then go for a game drive in the park to see several animals that live in the park including antelopes, leopards, impalas, Kobis, warthogs among others.
- Transfer to Kigali: After the game drive, you will head back to your accommodation for lunch and after check out and embark on a drive back to Kigali. If you didn’t have a city tour on the first day, you may have it on this day or just be dropped off in Kigali at a location of your choice or at the airport as you may advise.
End of the 6 Days Best of Congo & Rwanda safari
Please note that your Rwanda Visa will expire after crossing into Congo so you will apply for another immediately and you will find it ready on return.
- Pick up and drop off in Kigali airport
- All activities mentioned in the Itinerary
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full-time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water while on safari
- Optional activity
- Air tickets.
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary, Porterage and wait staff gratuity