30th June 2021 – Last day of Tourism Promotional Offers
30th June 2021 – Last day of Tourism Promotional Offers : 30th June 2021 will be the Last day of the Uganda Wildlife Authority Tourism promotional offers. The promotional offers were issued by the Authority in December 2020 for the festive period and later extended in March 2021 to June 30th 2021. These offers were given as an incentive to support the recovering industry and to encourage people to take on tours in this season as the country and the world continues to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The tourism promotional offers are a combination of discounts granted to tourists both local and international. These tourists are able to enjoy these discounts at any of the primate parks and savannah parks in the country.
The parks include: – Bwindi National Park, Mgahinga National Park and Kibale National Park for Primates. Murchison Falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Lake Mburo National Park, Kidepo Valley National Park, Toro Semuliki Wildlife Reserve, Katonga Wildlife Reserve, Semuliki National Park, Kabwoya Wildlife Reserve and Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve for Savannah Parks.
The discounts applicable at the savannah parks are a 50% discount on all entrance fees to the parks and a 50% discount on bird watching activities. These discounts apply to both local and international tourists.
The discounts applicable at primate parks include:-
- 150,000 Ugshs fee for Mountain gorilla trekking permits for Ugandan and East African Nationals
- 300 USD fee for Mountain gorilla trekking permits for foreign residents.
- 400 USD fee for Mountain gorilla trekking permits for non-foreign residents.
- 100,000 Ugshs fee for chimpanzee trekking permits for Ugandan and East African Nationals.
- 100 USD fee for chimpanzee trekking permits for foreign residents.
- 150 USD fee for Chimpanzee trekking permits for non-foreign residents.
After the 30th of June 2021, these discounts will no longer be applicable and the tourism fees will return the normal fees which are:-
- Full entrance fees at all savannah parks
- Full bird watching fees at all birding parks.
- 250,000 Ugshs fee for mountain gorilla trekking permits for Uganda and East African Nationals.
- 600 USD fee for Mountain gorilla trekking permits for foreign residents.
- 700 USD fee for Mountain gorilla trekking permits for non-foreign residents.
- 150,000 Ugshs fee for chimpanzee trekking permits for Ugandan and East African Nationals.
- 150 USD fee for chimpanzee trekking permits for foreign residents.
- 200 USD fee for Chimpanzee trekking permits for non-foreign residents.
Tourists who have travelled between the season of December 2020 and Today have enjoyed touring the pearl of Africa on these promotional offers. You can still take advantage of these offers in this last week of June 2021 and enjoy the pearl of Africa.
The pearl of Africa Uganda is home to over 1000 animal species including the famous and endangered mountain gorillas among other primates. The other animal species include the big five lions, leopards, Rhinos, elephants and buffaloes, other animals like the cheetahs, zebras, antelopes, warthogs etc. Uganda is home to numerous bird species including the popular shoe bill stork and others including the crested crane, grey crowned crane, trogon, African fish eagle, black breasted barbet etc.
A visit to the pearl of Africa will furthermore give you a chance to explore the beauty of the land touring scenic natural features like the Nile River, Itanda falls, Sipi Falls, Nyero rocks, Aruu falls; you can also challenge yourself to a great hike to the Mt Rwenzori, one of the Virunga Massifs either Sabinyo or Gahinga, Mt Elgon and a couple of other mountains. This country is known for its great cultural tours that give you a chance to appreciate the different tribes and traditions in the various parts of the county.
It’s the covid-19 season, but tourism is still open in Uganda so you can still book a tour with us and we promise to observe all the recommended SOPs to keep you safe as we give you an experience of the Uganda the pearl of Africa.