Independence at the Jinja source of the Nile
Independence at the Jinja source of the Nile : Are you looking for places to celebrate this year’s independence?
Jinja source of the Nile is that place, this place that holds such monumental value to the country is a place you should visit to celebrate this spectacular day for Uganda.
Uganda celebrates her independence every 9th October with a number of activities that are done to commemorate the country’s great milestone. This year the state will hold several functions physical and virtual to celebrate the 59th independence of the country as individuals will also engage in different activities that will help them celebrate this great day.
So Jinja source of the Nile!
Jinja source of the Nile is a place in Jinja where the Nile River leaves Lake Victoria. The point at which the Nile leaves the lake is called Ripon falls and the river from there flows north to lake Kyoga then continues north to the Karuma falls through the Murchison falls to lake Albert then continues all the way through to Egypt.
The flow of the Nile River is one of the many reasons you should not miss an opportunity to visit the source of the Nile this Independence.
Jinja source of the Nile is about 2 and half hours from Kampala so it’s an easy travel, you can do in just one day to and from and still enjoy quality time there.
A visit to Jinja source of the Nile is also an opportunity to engage in various adventurous activities that include but not limited to:-
- Source of Nile sight-seeing: where you literally get close to the Nile start point to see the point up-close. You also get to enjoy viewing the surrounding scenery of green savannah vegetation and birds and appreciate the beauty of the source of the Nile.
- Canoe ride on the Nile River: you get an opportunity to take a canoe ride on the Nile to take in the beauty of the place from the waters.
- Quad biking: If you are feeling adventurous, you can go quad biking on the terrains around the source of the Nile. Quad biking is an adventurous biking activity where quad bikes are driven on rough terrains near the source of the Nile.
- Nature walks: The surrounding of the source of the Nile is beauty and unique you can decide to take a guided nature to tour the surrounding landscape and vegetation, learn more about the place is its nature.
- Crafts Village: Just next to the Jinja source of Nile there is a crafts village with several African crafts Village with several African stuff you can buy. As you tour the village you also learn more about the African traditions.
On you visit to the source of the Nile you can also visit other parts of Jinja to full experience the beauty of Jinja. You can visit places like the Busoga King’s palace, Jinja market and different communities to get to know more about the locals that stay in Jinja and call Jinja their home.
If you are in Jinja for more than a day you can explore the idea of touring the Itanda falls for more adventurous activities like bungee jumping, white water rafting, kayaking among other activities.
There some places in Jinja that have less adventurous activities like horseback riding, so if you are not up for the challenge of adventure you could visit such places to have fun and relax.
For bird lovers, you can choose to visit the Mabira forest either on your way to Jinja or back to Kampala and go birding in the forest to see variety of bird species in the forest and the region.