Rwanda Incentives to continue up to December 2022 : The Rwandan government through the Rwanda Development board has extended the country’s tourism incentives to support the tourism industry. The incentives that were meant to end have ended on the 31st of May 2021 have been pushed ahead and they will now end on the 31st December 2022.
The extension is a sign to the tourism industry that the Rwanda Development Board is committed to supporting the tourism private sector’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
With the extension the RDB has also added other incentives for gorilla trekking for Africa Foreign residents. The Africa foreign residents for this period until 31st December will trek gorillas at a promotional rate of USD 500. This is a great discount from the usually mountain gorilla trekking permit price that is USD 1500.
The extended incentives include:-
1. Mountain gorilla trekking permits in Volcanoes National Park.
· Rwandan Nationals and East African Community – USD 200
· Foreign Residents – USD 500
· Corporates and Organisations – 10% discount on bulk permit purchases from 30 permits.
· Families – 15% discount for family visits (couples and children over 15 years old)
· African citizens – A promotional of USD 500 will be applied for mountain gorilla trekking permits.
· International tourists (Non- African Citizens) travelling in a group of 100 and more – a promotional rate of USD 500 will be applied for mountain gorilla trekking permits.
· Tour/Hotel Operator Rates – 15% discount for each mountain gorilla trekking permit purchased that include one night in the accommodation and tourism activity.
2. All other products/experiences in Volcanoes & Nyungwe National Parks.
· Rwandan Nationals, Foreign residents, East African Community – 30% discount on groups of I0 where applicable
· Rwandan Nationals, Foreign residents, East African Community – I 0% for Individual travellers.
· Corporates/Organizations – 30% discount on bulk purchases from 30 permits
· Families -15% discount for family visits (couples and children)
Since these incentives will run until the end of the year we advise and encourage you to book safaris to enjoy the land of a thousand hills in these remaining 8 or 7 months of the year.
You can book and have a safari in Rwanda, anytime of the year you wish. Anytime of the year is a perfect time to experience the beauty, nature and wild of Rwanda. All safaris activities are done in all months of the year.
On your visit to Rwanda you will be delighted to engage in a number of activities that include but not limited to mountain gorilla trekking, chimpanzee trekking, golden monkey trekking, canopy walk, game viewing experiences, bird watching, boat rides, nature walks, coffee farm tours, tea plantation tours, mountain hiking, cave tours, Kigali city tour, community walks, nature walks among other activities.
The destinations you will visit include but not limited to Volcanoes National park, Nyungwe National Park, Akagera National park, Musanze caves, the king’s palace, Kigali genocide memorial, lake Kivu and many more places, Rwanda Incentives to continue up to December 2022.
Mountain gorilla trekking is the most popular safari activity in Rwanda and most people who visit the country are excited to visit the mountainous forests to hang a chance to spend time with these famous primates. Mountain gorilla trekking is done every day in Volcanoes National park. A gorilla family is visited by 8 people every day and when the eight people are in the presence the gorillas they will observe them for an hour before they leave the forest to head back to the park. Mountain gorilla trekking is quite strenuous compared to other safari activities so, all those desiring to engage in the activity are advise to prepare well in advance before taking on the experience. You can always ask your tour operator on more details about mountain gorilla trekking and other safari activities in Rwanda.