5 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari is a short Uganda wildlife safari tour where a traveler gets to visit Kidepo National Park one of the most endowed Uganda National Parks. Kidepo Valley National Park found in the North Eastern Uganda in the Karamoja region is one of Africa’s finest parks with an impressive line-up of wildlife and birdlife, wildlife including but not limited to cheetahs, giraffes, lions, leopards, elephants, antelopes and many more.
Its 1,442 square Kilometers sit on a unique landscape and rugged savannah that makes it the perfect habitat for the several animals that call it home. The unique Ik community lives near and around the park, contributing to the uniqueness of the park Safaris.
The safari gives you an opportunity to experience a variety of wildlife on both the afternoon and morning game drives and the unique Ike community.
Highlights of the 5 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Kampala/Entebbe to Kitgum
- Day 2: Transfer Kitgum to Kidepo and Afternoon Game Drive
- Day 3: Morning Game Drive and Ike Community
- Day 4: Morning Game Drive and Transfer to Kitgum
- Day 5: Transfer to Kampala from Kitgum
N.B: The 5 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari, is characterised by a long 10 hour plus drive from central Uganda (Kampala/Entebbe) to Kidepo Valley National Park and likewise from Kidepo Valley National Park to central Uganda; so to make this easier for you, you will have an overnight stop in Kitgum to and from the Park.
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala/Entebbe to Kitgum
- Transfer to Kitgum: Your day will start your 5 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari early and you will have an early breakfast and be on the road by 7 am for your 10 hours plus journey to Kitgum. You will use the Kampala City to Gulu highway and on your way, you will see and appreciate the diverse flora and landscape of the various parts of Uganda along the way.
- Karuma Falls: As you approach Gulu you will have a chance to see the Karuma falls; though you may not be able to stop and take them in because of a couple of security measures. You will have stops for bathroom breaks, snacks and stretches as you travel; you will also have a stop in Gulu for lunch. After lunch, you will proceed to Kitgum for your overnight stop. You will arrive in Kitgum in the evening, check into your accommodation, have dinner and have your night rest.
Day 2: Transfer to Kidepo & Afternoon Game Drive
- Transfer to Kidepo: You will be up early, have breakfast, check out of the accommodation and be on your way by 8 am to Kidepo Valley National Park.
- Check-in: You will arrive in Kidepo in the early afternoon, check into your accommodation, have lunch and relax for a while as you wait for the afternoon game drive.
- Afternoon Game Drive: Between 2 and 3 pm, your afternoon game drive will start and it will take you in the wild to have a glimpse at the wide variety of wildlife in the park that includes but not limited to cheetahs, giraffes, lions, leopards, elephants, antelopes, etc.
- Nature Walk: After the game drive, you will have a nature walk to explore the Kidepo Valley Seasonal River and after the walk you will retire to your accommodation for dinner and night rest.
Day 3: Morning Game Drive and Ike Community
- Game Drive: You will be up early on day 3 of the 5 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari, have breakfast and then head out for the morning game to see some more of the numerous wild animals in the Park.
- Community Walk (Ik People Experience): After the game drive you go for a community walk to encounter the unique Ik community; share in storytelling, cultural dances, and other cultural activities. After the Ike community encounter you will then head back to your accommodation for dinner and a night rest.
Day 4: Morning Game Drive and Transfer to Kitgum
- Game Drive: You will be up early, have breakfast and then head out for a morning game drive; after the game drive you will go back to your accommodation, relax, have lunch and check out of your accommodation.
- Return to Kitgum: After having your lunch you will set off for Kitgum for your overnight stay before you head back to Kampala. You will arrive in Kitgum in the evening and then check into your accommodation, have dinner and have your night rest.
Day Five: Transfer to Kampala from Kitgum
- Return to Kampala: You will be up early on the last day of the 5 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari, have breakfast, check out of your accommodation and embark on your journey back to Kampala or Entebbe. You will still use the Kampala-Gulu highway and you will have lunch en route. You will also have stops for bathroom breaks, snacks, and stretches.
- Drop Off: You will be in Kampala or Entebbe Airport in the evening and the Guide will drop you at a location of your choice in either Town.
End of the 5 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari
|All activities Mentioned above
|Tips and Gratuities
|English Speaking Tour Guide
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)
|Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature
See also: 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife tour