13 Days Uganda Rwanda & Congo
13 Days Uganda Rwanda & Congo is one of the few safari packages that take a traveler to 3 countries as they explore the amazing tourist attractions.
Highlights of the 13 Days Uganda Rwanda & Congo
- Day 1: Kigali and Transfer to Bwindi forest
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and Buhoma cultural tour
- Day 3: Transfer to Volcanoes national park (Rwanda)
- Day 4; Golden Monkey Trekking
- Day 5; Drive to Gisenyi – Congo Boarder.
- Day 6: Virunga Gorilla Trekking in Congo
- Day 7: Nyiragongo Hiking
- Day 8: Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Tchegera Island
- Day 9: Tchegera Island – Transfer to Gisenyi
- Day 10: Transfer to Nyungwe national park
- Day 11: Chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe Forest
- Day 12: Forest Nature Walk
- Day 13: Transfer to Kigali city
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Kigali and Transfer to Bwindi forest
- Transfer to Bwindi: Our guide will pick you from a location in Kigali in the morning about 9 am and head to Bwindi Forest National Park where you will arrive in the early afternoon, check into your accommodation and have lunch. After lunch, you will go for a Batwa trail experience that will take most of your afternoon. After the Batwa trail experience, you will then head back to your accommodation, to chill, later have dinner and night rest.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and Buhoma cultural tour
- Gorilla Trekking: You will get up early, have breakfast and head to the park offices at 7am for a briefing in the expectations and guidelines of gorilla trekking. You will then be grouped in groups of 8 individuals; each group of 8 is assigned a ranger who takes you in the forest for your trekking experience. The entire experience will take about 6 to 7 hours but you will only spend one hour with these endangered species.
- Buhoma cultural tour: After the trekking experience you will head back to your accommodation for a late lunch and then later go for the Buhoma cultural tour that takes about an hour. You will have dinner and overnight at your accommodation.
Day 3: Transfer to Volcanoes national park (Rwanda)
- Transfer to Volcanoes: You will be up early having breakfast and after breakfast, you will embark on your journey back to Rwanda via the Cyanika border. You will visit the Burera and Ruhondo twin lakes and you will have lunch en route. You will arrive in Volcanoes National Park in the evening check into your accommodation; have dinner and night rest.
Day 4: Golden Monkey Trekking
- Golden Monkey Trekking: You will have to get up early have breakfast and then head to the park’s headquarters for a briefing about the golden monkey trekking experience then you will head into the forest with your ranger to find the golden monkeys. When you find them you will spend one hour with them and then head out the forest; the entire experience will take up to 3 or 4 hours and then you head back to your accommodation for lunch.
- Cultural tour to experience: After lunch, you will visit Ibyi’wachu cultural tour to experience the unique Rwandan culture. After this experience you will head back to your accommodation for an afternoon at leisure, later you will have dinner and a night rest at your accommodation.
Day 5; Drive to Gisenyi – Congo Boarder
- Drive to Gisenyi: Be up early, have breakfast and check out of your accommodation and head to the border to cross to Goma in DRC. You will have to cross the border by 11am so purpose to be up early enough to travel in time. After crossing you will check in the tourism office at the border to receive your permit and Visa. Then you will be transferred to your accommodation, have a late lunch, spend the afternoon at leisure exploring Rumangabo’s several nature walks trails. Later you will have dinner and a night rest at your accommodation
Day 6: Virunga Gorilla Trekking in Congo
- Virunga Gorilla Trekking: You will have breakfast at your accommodation then head to Bukima Camp ranger post where you will meet the trekking rangers for a briefing before you start the trek. After the briefing, you will head into the forest with the ranger for 5 to 6 hours of trekking adventure and 1 hour of being in the company of gorillas. After the trek, you will go back to Bukima Camp and from there head back for your late lunch and an afternoon at leisure, with nature walks and bird watching sprees. You will have dinner and a night rest at your accommodation.
Day 7: Nyiragongo Hiking
- Nyiragongo Hiking: You will be up early, have breakfast, and then head Kibati ranger post headquarters where you are expected to be by 8 am. You will have a briefing about the hiking experience, get assigned a ranger, connect with your porter and then stay your hike up the volcano. This day the hike will take up to 6 hours so be sure to carry some snacks and water for the hike. You will have dinner and an overnight stay at the top of the volcano in a wooden shelter.
Day 8: Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Tchegera Island
- Descend Nyiragongo: You will be up early having breakfast at the top and then descend the volcano to Kibati ranger post, where your expected to be by 11 am. You will then cross the Lake Kivu to Tchegera Island to relax after an adventurous hike. The Island is a somewhat collapsed Volcano Caldera in the middle of the lake and from the Island, you are able to see both Mt Nyiragongo and Mt Nyamuragira. You will have dinner and spend a night at the Island Spend a night.
Day 9: Tchegera Island – Transfer to Gisenyi
- Transfer to Gisenyi: You will wake up to Breakfast at this scenic Island, check out of the accommodation and immediately head to the lake for a boat ride to Goma. In Goma, you will connect with your guide, exit DRC and move to Kibuye on the shores of Lake Kivu. This day you will have lunch en route with dinner and an overnight rest in Kibuye.
Day 10: Transfer to Nyungwe national park
- Transfer to Nyungwe: After your breakfast in the morning you will then drive south about 4 to 5 hours to Nyungwe Forest in Nyungwe National Park. You will arrive in Nyungwe in the evening, check into your accommodation; have dinner and a Night Rest.
Day 11: Chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe Forest
- Chimpanzee trekking: After your early morning breakfast, you will head to the park offices for briefing on the Chimpanzee trekking experience and then after enter the forest to search for the endangered chimpanzees. you find them playing and enjoying their habitat, you will spend an hour in their company and then head out of the forest. You will head back to you accommodation for lunch and after lunch go for a canopy walk on top of the Nyungwe forest. After your walk, you will spend your afternoon at leisure and later have dinner and a night rest at your accommodation.
Day 12: Forest Nature Walk
- Forest Nature Walk: You will have breakfast at your accommodation in the morning and then go for a nature walk into the forest. The nature walk will give you an opportunity to explore the forest’s beauty, the orchids, the waterfalls, the swamps and several different features in the forest. The walk will take most of your day so be sure to pack some water and snacks for the walk. After the walk you will return to your accommodation for a late lunch, afternoon at leisure, later dinner and night rest.
Day 13: Transfer to Kigali city
- Transfer to Kigali: You will be up early, have breakfast and check out of your accommodation then embark on your journey to Kigali city where you will arrive in the afternoon have lunch and then a city tour to visit the Kimironko market and the Kigali genocide memorial site. The guide will then drop you at a location of your choice after the tour.
End of the 13 Days Uganda Rwanda & Congo Safari
- Pick up and drop off
- All activities in the itinerary
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full-time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water while on safari.
- Air tickets.
- Optional activity
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary, Portage and wait staff gratuity.
See also: 13 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari