4 Days Affordable Gorilla & Wildlife Safari is a short Uganda Wildlife & primates safari that gives you a chance to experience the gorilla species in Bwindi & wildlife in Queen. The 4 Days Affordable Gorilla & Wildlife Safari, gives a lovely opportunity to have both a gorilla trekking experience and a wildlife experience within the 4 days as you tour both the mountainous and flat topography of Uganda.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park covers 331 sq. km and is located in south-western Uganda on the edge of the Rift Valley in the ancient Bwindi rain forest. This impenetrable forest is among the most organically diverse places in the world and is home to over half of the world’s population of mountain gorillas; the mountainous area also has some breath-taking Flora and is home to a wide range of birdlife.
Queen Elizabeth National Park is home to a variety of wildlife, primates and birdlife; with its diverse ecosystem of wetlands, sprawling savanna, lakes and forests the park offers its visitors a magnificent opportunity to enjoy unique Flora and Fauna in one location. You also have a chance to interact with the local communities, to enjoy the uniqueness of the Uganda western cultures.
Highlights of the 4 Days Affordable Gorilla & Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 4: Game drive, Transfer to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park.
- Transfer to Bwindi: The first day of this safari starts in Kampala City, meaning you have to be in Kampala the day before the tour starts for you to be up early for the 8-9 hour journey ahead of you. This is a long journey so you will have to get up quite early have a heavy breakfast, pack a couple of snacks for the road and hit the road by 7:30am latest 8 am. Your Tour guide will pick you up from your preferred location (Kampala or Entebbe) which should be communicated in advance. On your way to Bwindi, you will have a few stops for lunch, snacks, bathroom breaks, stretches, and sightings. (Sightings are optional)
- The Equator Experience: Your first main stop will be at the Equator line in Kayabwe; where you will have the opportunity to see the point where the equator crosses Uganda and visit nearby crafts markets. You will continue on your journey and have another stop at Igongo for lunch.
- Igongo Cultural Center: If you choose to have sightings you have a cultural museum tour at the Igongo Cultural centre and after lunch, you will take a hike to the Eclipse monument in Igongo (if you are not up to it, you can skip the hike). After that, you will continue on your journey to Bwindi. Other sightings will be roadside markets in most of the towns along the way, nature and people communities which you will view in the comfort of the car. If you choose not to have any sightings on your way you will have a stop at Igongo for lunch and then continue on your journey to Bwindi.
- Check-In: You will arrive in Bwindi, in the evening where you will check into your accommodation facility, have dinner, chill, relax and get a night rest.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: Day 2 of the amazing 4 Days Affordable Gorilla & Wildlife Safari will start early too as you will have to be up at least by 7 am, have breakfast at your accommodation facility, pack your meal and water for the trek and all the other things you may need on the trek. 7:45 am you will gather at the Trekking offices for grouping, briefing on trekking guidelines and all other information you may need. Your group will be assigned a ranger who will take you on this trek then off you will go for your Gorilla trekking experience. The Gorilla trekking experience takes between 6- 7 hours depending on how far the gorilla family you’re visiting is; from your start point. You have to know that most of this time is spent on the trek to and from the gorilla family and you only spend 1 hour with the gorillas; which hour you use to interact with gorillas, take pictures and any other thing that is permitted by the authorities. After your Uganda Gorilla Trekking experience, you will head back to your accommodation facility, freshen up, relax, have dinner and have a good night rest.
- Batwa Trail Experience: If you are not so worn-out from the trek, your guide will pick you up for the Batwa Trail Experience which takes about an hour and a half; after you will be back at the accommodation for dinner and good night rest. (The Batwa trail experience is totally optional)
Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Transfer to Queen: You will get up have breakfast at your accommodation facility then you will check out of the facility and start your journey to Queen Elizabeth National Park. On your way, you will pass by Ishasha for tree climbing lions though it’s not a guarantee that the lions will be seen, sometimes they are in nearby trees and visible, other times they are hidden in deep forest trees and can’t be seen; so you just hope for the best timing. It doesn’t hurt to pass by; you never know your luck. You will arrive in Queen Elizabeth National Park in the afternoon and you will check into your accommodation and have lunch.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will head on to the boat cruise which starts at exactly 2pm and takes up to 3 hours of enjoying the water seeing number water birds, wildlife taking water on the edges and beautiful surrounding flora.
- Community/Nature walk: After the boat cruise, you will have a free afternoon; you may choose to rest or go for nature and community walk. After the walk you will head back to the accommodation and have dinner at your accommodation and then a night rest.
Day 4: Game drive, Transfer to Kampala
- Game Drive: You will be up early on the final day of the 4 Days Affordable Gorilla & Wildlife Safari, have breakfast and go for a morning game drive to see a variety of wildlife like the Uganda Kob, waterbucks, cape buffalos, leopards, hyenas, forest hogs, elephants, e.t.c. The game drive; will end just before lunch, you will then head to the accommodation facility for lunch. After lunch, you will set off en route Kampala. You will arrive in Kampala, in the evening and the guide will drop you at the location of your choice in Kampala or Entebbe Airport.
End of the 4 Days Affordable Gorilla & Wildlife Safari
|All mentioned activities and park entrance fees.||Visas|
|Accommodation with meals||Tips and Gratuities|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking Water||Laundry Services|
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|
See also: 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari