4 Days Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi Safari
4 Days Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi Safari is one of the top Uganda safari tours that a traveler must engage in, to experience the best of gorillas. Thinking of a safari that combines, adventure and a chill on the lake, enjoying the water waves, the breezy warmly ambiance and the sounds of the beautiful environment! This 5 day trip to the south west is the perfect option for you. It takes you through the forest trails of Bwindi Impenetrable forest and on the waters of the second deepest lake in Africa Lake Bunyonyi.
This memorable trip starts in Kampala so is very important that you sleep in kampala the eve of the trip for you to within your itinerary schedule and maximize all the opportunities of your safari.
Highlights of the 4 Days Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking and transfer to lake Bunyonyi
- Day 3: Activities in Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 4: Transfer to Kampala
Details of the tour
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Transfer to Bwindi: You will be up quite early, have a morning snack and check out of your accommodation. By 7 am, the guide will be with you and you will embark on a long drive to south western Uganda to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park with stops at the Equator, Igongo cultural centre and Mpambile drum making centre. These stops will give you an opportunity to appreciate the unique culture of the Ugandan people especially the people from western Uganda. You will also make stops for lunch, snacks and bathroom breaks. You will be in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the evening and you will check into your accommodation, have dinner and night rest.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking and transfer to lake Bunyonyi
- Gorilla trekking: You will be up quite early, have breakfast and after head to the park headquarters for a briefing about the mountain gorilla trekking experience. After the briefing, you will head into the forest in a group of 8, guided by a trekking ranger. In the forest, you will spend one hour with the mountain gorillas and about 6 hours trekking to and from the gorillas. The entire experience will take about 7 hours and you will be back at your accommodation in the afternoon for a late lunch. After your lunch, you will then move further south to Lake Bunyonyi for your overnight rest. When you get to Lake Bunyonyi, you will then check into your accommodation, have dinner and night rest.
Day 3: Activities in Lake Bunyonyi
- Lake Bunyonyi Experience: Here you will have an opportunity to take part in several activities that include a boat cruise, nature and Community visits. You will up by 7 am, have breakfast at your accommodation and after breakfast, go for nature and community walk to see and appreciate the beauty of the surrounding areas of the lake and also have an encounter with the Batwa and Abaheesi people that live that region. You will experience the cultures of these people getting involved in some activities like their cultural dances and songs among other things. You will be done with the walk by 12 pm or 1 pm and then head to your accommodation for lunch. After lunch, you will head to the lake for a boat cruise to explore the 29 Islands of the lake while enjoying the beautiful scenery of the lake. After the boat cruise, you will head back to your accommodation for dinner and night rest.
Day 4: Transfer to Kampala
- Transfer to Kampala: You will have breakfast at your accommodation by 7 am, check out and at 8 am start your long journey back to Kampala. You will have lunch en route and a couple of bathroom and snack stops. You will be in Kampala in the evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice either in Kampala or Entebbe. That will be your four days gorilla trekking and lake tour.
End of the 4 Days Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi Safari
|All mentioned activities and park entrance fees.||Visas|
|Accommodation with meals||Tips and Gratuities|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking Water||Laundry Services|
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|
See also: 12 Days Safari in Kenya, Uganda & Rwanda