4 Days Murchison Falls Tour is one of the short safaris to northern Uganda where travelers get to experience exclusive wildlife experiences. Murchison Falls National Park in northwestern Uganda is home to a wide range of fauna and flora and also comprises Bugondo Forest a natural habitat for chimpanzees. The park is your absolute safari destination, the largest and oldest national park in Uganda and it gives you a chance of a lifetime to experience the vast wildlife, birdlife, beautiful sceneries, and several unforgettable activities.
The 4 Days Murchison Falls Tour will allow you to view numerous wild animals in the park including the big five, ravishing sceneries in and outside the park and trek in the budongo forest to spend an hour with chimpanzees.
You will need to be in Kampala a day before the start of your 4 Days Murchison Falls Tour to allow you sufficient time to start your journey to Murchison in time for all the activities.
Safari Epic moments
- Sightseeing on the way to and from Murchison Falls. -Day one and Day four
- Rhino Viewing – Day one
- Game drive and wildlife viewing – Day two and Day four
- Boat cruise – Day two
- Water Bird watching while on the cruise – Day two
- Hiking to the top of the falls –Day two
- Top of the falls experience – Day two
- Chimpanzee trekking – Day three
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park and Rhino Tracking
- Pick up and transfer to Murchison Falls National Park: On Day 1 f your 4 Days Murchison Falls Tour the tour guide will link up with you at your preferred location in Kampala as agreed on prior to the safari. You will be on the road by 8am en route to Murchison falls National Park. The journey from Kampala to Murchison Falls is about 5 and 6 hours considering traffic delays and a couple of stops on the way for coffee, a snack and a bathroom break.
- Rhino Trekking: You have several opportunities to see beautiful landscapes, communities, vegetation etc along the way as you travel to Murchison and your first main stop/activity will be at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino Viewing which is on your way to Murchison Falls; this activity will take about 1 to 2 hours and after the activity you will continue on your journey to Murchison Falls with another stop for lunch before you enter the park.
- Ferry Crossing and check in: When you get to the park in the late afternoon you will go for the Ferry crossing to the other side of the park where your accommodation is; as you head to your accommodation facility you will have the opportunity to view a few animals in the park though not exhaustively. When you arrive at your accommodation facility most likely Pakuba Lodge, you will check in, have dinner, relax, get a good night’s rest and reenergize for the next day’s activities.
Day 2: Game Drive, Boat Cruise
- Game Drive: Day 2 starts at 5am or 5:30am with an early morning breakfast then head out for your exhaustive game drive through the park to sight the different animals in the wild. The game drive takes about 3-4 hours and after the game drive, you head back to your accommodation facility for Lunch and a brief chill before you head out for the boat Cruise experience.
- Boat cruise: 15 minutes to 2 pm you are expected to be in the boat getting comfortable, set and geared up to start the cruise at 2pm exactly. The boat goes downstream offering you a golden opportunity to see a variety of water birds in the Nile Basin and a couple of wild animals coming to quench their thirsty along the banks of the Nile River.
- Hike to the top of the falls: The boat cruise takes about 2 -3 hours and at the end of the cruise, you will have a chance to hike to the top of the falls to enjoy the scenery of the falls and the surrounding from the top. (Please note if you are not up for the hike, you can skip the hike and just proceed to meet your guide at the other end). If you choose to hike, after the Hike your guide will be waiting for you to join him/her for ferry crossing back to the park.
- Return to the Hotel/Lodge: After the ferry crossing, you will drive back to Pakuba Lodge where you will have dinner, relax, enjoy the evening and get a good night’s rest.
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking
- Chimpanzee Trekking: You will be up quite early to have breakfast before you head out on your journey to Budongo forest for chimpanzee trekking. On arrival at Budongo Forest, you will report to the forest offices where you will present your trekking tickets and then you will be grouped, briefed on the guidelines and assigned a chimpanzee Ranger who will guide you on your trek through the forest. The chimpanzee trekking activity takes about 6-8 hours, with a maximum of 1 hour with the chimpanzees and the rest of the time spent trekking to and from the chimpanzee location. The one hour spent with the chimps will allow you to take pictures with the chimps, feed them if allowed and just enjoy their company. This is a tedious and a whole day activity so you’re advised to carry enough snacks and water to take you through the day. After the activity you will meet your guide at forest offices and then you will head back to the park, to your accommodation facility to freshen up, relax, have a really late lunch then dinner later or just wait for dinner; that’s up to you, you will then rest and wait for day four.
Day 4: Game Drive, Departure
- Game Drive: Unless you want to be in Kampala really early; you don’t need to get up so early on this day. Your day can start at about 7am have breakfast at the lodge and then check out; go for a really short game drive to see a few animals.
- Ferry Crossing: After the game drive together with your guide you will go for ferry crossing then check out the park and head back to Kampala. The time you leave Murchison falls will determine the time you arrive in Kampala, so you should clearly state the time you want to be in Kampala so that you can set off from Murchison at the right time. On your way to Kampala, you will have a stop for lunch, a few minutes to chill from the drive and a bathroom break.
- Drop Off: When you arrive in Kampala the guide will drop you off at your preferred place that may be a restaurant, hotel, bus stop or airport among other places.
That will be it for your 4 Days Murchison Falls Tour.
|All activities Mentioned above||Visas|
|Accommodation||Tips and Gratuities|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking Water||Laundry Services|
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|
|Chimpanzee trekking tickets||Air Flights|
See also: 2 Days Murchison Falls Safari