5 Days Murchison Delta Experience & Chimpanzee Trekking safari is one of the most interesting Uganda safaris Packages to any of the Uganda National Parks for its unique amazing wildlife, primates and wonderful scenic tours. Murchison Falls National Park in northwestern Uganda is home to a wide range of fauna and flora and also comprises Bugondo Forest a natural habitat for chimpanzees. The park is your absolute safari destination, the largest and oldest national park in Uganda it gives you a chance of a lifetime to experience the vast wildlife, birdlife, beautiful sceneries, and several unforgettable activities.
5 Days Murchison Delta Experience & Chimpanzee Trekking safari will allow you to view numerous wild animals in the park including the big five, a wide range of birdlife, ravishing sceneries in and outside the park plus a trek in budongo forest to spend an hour with chimpanzees.
You will need to be in Uganda either in Kampala or Entebbe a day before the start of your safari to allow you sufficient time to start your journey to Murchison in time for all the activities.
Epic moments on the 5 Days Murchison Delta Experience & Chimpanzee Trekking safari
- Sightseeing on the way to and from Murchison Falls
- Rhino Viewing
- Morning and Evening game drives
- Delta cruise experience
- Boat cruise
- Water Bird watching while on the cruise
- Hiking to the top of the falls
- Top of the falls experience
- Chimpanzee trekking
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: Your tour guide will pick you up from with a preferred location in Kampala or Entebbe as agreed on prior to the safari. You will be on the road by 8am en route to Murchison falls National Park. The journey from Kampala to Murchison Falls is about 5 and 6 hours considering traffic delays and a couple of stops on the way for coffee, a snack and a bathroom break. You have several opportunities to see beautiful landscapes, communities, roadside markets, vegetation etc along the way in the comfort of the car as you travel to Murchison Falls.
- Rhino Trekking: Your first main stop/activity will be at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino Viewing which is on your way to Murchison Falls. This activity will take about 1 to 2 hours and after the activity you will continue on your journey to Murchison Falls with another stop for lunch before you enter the park. When you get to the park in the late afternoon will go for the Ferry crossing to the other side of the park where your accommodation is; as you head to your accommodation facility you will have the opportunity to view a few wild animals.
- Check-In: When you arrive at your accommodation facility, you will check-in, have dinner and after dinner goes for an evening game drive to see more wild animals especially the nocturnal animals, after the game drive you will get back to your accommodation and have a good night rest.
Day 2: Game Drive & Boat Cruise
- Game Drive: Day 2 starts at 5am or 5:30am with an early morning breakfast then head out for your morning game drive through the park to sight the different more wild animals. The game drive takes about 3 -4 hours and after the game drive, you head back to your accommodation facility for Lunch and a brief chill before you head out for the boat Cruise experience.
- Boat cruise: 15 minutes to 2pm you are expected to be in the boat getting comfortable, set and geared up to start the cruise at 2pm exactly. The boat goes downstream offering you a golden opportunity to see a variety of water birds in the Nile Basin and a couple of wild animals coming to quench their thirsty along the banks of the Nile River. The boat cruise takes about 2 -3 hours and at the end of the cruise you will have a chance to hike to the top of the falls to enjoy the scenery of the falls and the surrounding from the top. (Please note if you are not up for the hike, you can skip the hike and just proceed to meet your guide at the other end).
- Hike to the top of the falls: If you choose to hike; after the Hike your guide will be waiting for you to join him/her for ferry crossing back to the park. After the ferry crossing, you will dr
Day 3: Delta Cruise on the Nile
- Delta cruise: Depending on what you prefer the morning of this day of the 5 Days Murchison Delta Experience & Chimpanzee Trekking tour can have any of these 3 options:-
- To relax at the accommodation facility, have lunch and after go for the Delta cruise experience in the afternoon.
- Be up not so early around 8am or 9am, have breakfast and your guide will take you for a community walk. The walk takes about 1 to 2 hours and then you will be back at your accommodation to have lunch and then go for the Delta experience in the afternoon.
- Be up quite early by 5/5:30am, have breakfast and then go for a morning game drive after the game drive you will go back to your accommodation facility and have lunch then go for the delta experience in the afternoon.
For any option you decide to choose; after lunch, you will head to the river for the delta cruise experience; you will need to be at the start point by 1:30pm to get comfortable in the boat and start by 2pm.
On the delta experience, you will see a wide variety of birdlife including the famous shoebill stork, Osprey, Yellow-billed Stork, Abdim’s Stork, Goliath Heron and many more. You will also experience the spectacular sunset on the Nile; this experience is breath taking.
After the delta cruise experience, you will head back to your accommodation, freshen up, relax, have dinner and have your night rest.
Day 4: Chimpanzee trekking in Budongo Forest
- Chimpanzee Trekking: On day 4 of the 5 Days Murchison Delta Experience & Chimpanzee Trekking, you will be up quite early about 6am to have breakfast before you head out on your journey to Budongo forest for chimpanzee trekking. On arrival at Budongo Forest, you will report to the forest offices where you will present your trekking tickets and then you will be grouped, briefed on the guidelines and assigned a chimpanzee Ranger who will guide you on your trek through the forest. The chimpanzee trekking activity takes about 5-6 hours, with a maximum of 1 hour with the chimpanzees and the rest of the time spent trekking to and from the chimpanzee location. The 1 hour spent with the chimps will allow you to take pictures with the chimps, feed them if allowed and just enjoy their company. Please pack a meal and water for this activity, you will need the refreshment. After the activity you will meet your guide and head back to the accommodation facility, relax, have dinner and night rest.
Day 5: Game Drive and departure
- Check Out: This is like Day 3 in this 5 Days Murchison Delta Experience & Chimpanzee Trekking safari where the morning of this day depends on your preferences and what time you desire to be in Kampala. If you want to be in Kampala in the early afternoon; you will get up early like 7am, have breakfast, check out of the accommodation and set off to Kampala. If you want to be in Kampala in the evening, you will choose from any of these options for an activity in the morning and then have lunch at your accommodation facility, after lunch set off to Kampala.
- Relax at the accommodation facility, have lunch and after set off for Kampala.
- Be up not so early around 8am or 9am, have breakfast and your guide will take you for a community walk. The walk takes about 1 to 2 hours and then you will be back at your accommodation to have lunch and after set off to Kampala.
- Be up quite early by 5/5:30am, have breakfast and then go for a morning game drive, after the game drive you will go back to your accommodation facility and have lunch then set off to Kampala.
- You will be up fairly early have breakfast and then head down to the river for sport fishing which takes about 2 to 3 hours after you head back to the accommodation facility for lunch and then set off to Kampala.
- If you set off from Murchison falls in the morning you will have a main stop for lunch on the way and a few stops for bathroom breaks, snacks and stretches on your way to Kampala.
- If you set off from Murchison falls in the afternoon, you will have a few stops for bathroom breaks, snacks, and stretches on your way to Kampala.
- Drop Off: When you arrive in Kampala the guide will drop you off at your preferred place (Kampala or Entebbe) that may be a restaurant, hotel, bus stop or airport among other places.
That will be it for your 5 Days Murchison Delta Experience & Chimpanzee Trekking
Package (5 Days Murchison Delta Experience & Chimpanzee Trekking)
|All activities Mentioned above||Visas|
|Accommodation and meals in Murchison falls||Tips and Gratuities|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking Water||Laundry Services|
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|
|Chimpanzee trekking tickets||Air Flights|