5 Days Murchison Falls & Semuliki Safari
5 Days Murchison Falls & Semuliki Safari is one safari that will give you an opportunity to enjoy game watching, bird watching, and unique nature both in Murchison falls National Park and Semuliki National Park
Highlights of the 5 Days Murchison Falls & Semuliki Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park and Rhino Viewing
- Day 2: Game drive and boat cruise in Murchison Falls National Park.
- Day 3: Transfer to Semuliki National Park
- Day 4: Exploring the Sempaya hot springs
- Day 5: Transfer to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park and Rhino Viewing
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: The 5 Days Murchison Falls & Semuliki Safari will start in either Kampala or Entebbe, where the tour guide will pick you at 8 am to embark on your journey to western Uganda to Murchison Falls National Park.
- Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary: On your journey to Murchison Falls National Park, you will stop by the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino viewing that takes up to 2 hours and after the Rhino viewing you will continue on to Murchison Falls National Park. You will arrive in the park in the afternoon, check into your accommodation, have a late lunch and spend the rest of your afternoon at leisure. You can choose to take a nature walk through the park to enjoy the ambiance of the park and the different flora in the park. You will have dinner and an overnight stay at your accommodation.
Day 2: Game drive and boat cruise in Murchison Falls National Park.
- Game drive: The second day of the 5 Days Murchison Falls & Semuliki Safari will start quite early at 6 am in the park with a morning game drive through the park to see a variety of wild animals, that include lions, elephants, leopards, impalas, kobs, zebras, antelopes, and many more animals. The game drive will go on up to the late mid-morning and after the game drive, you will go back to your accommodation for a chill and lunch.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will go for a boat cruise on the Nile River to experience the amazing flora along the river, see several water animals and see the amazing Murchison falls. If you like and are fit enough, you will also have a chance to hike up the top of the falls to see the region and the falls from the top.
Day 3: Transfer to Semuliki National Park
- Transfer to Semuliki: The third day of the 5 days Murchison Falls National Park and Semuliki National Park Safari, you will have breakfast at your accommodation, check out and then head out of the park, to start you drive further northwest to Semuliki National Park. This drive will take the whole day, so you will have your lunch en route and you will arrive in Semuliki National Park in the late afternoon or evening, check into your accommodation and have some time to relax from the long drive. You will later have dinner and a night rest at your accommodation.
Day 4: Exploring the Sempaya hot springs
- Exploring the Sempaya hot springs: On the fourth day of the 5 days Murchison Falls National Park and Semuliki National Park Safari, you will be up early, have breakfast at your accommodation and head out to the park to visit the Sempaya hot springs. You will have a chance to visit both the female and male natural hot springs that have geysers going up to 8m wide at extremely hot temperatures. When visiting the hot springs you should be very cautious because the water from the springs is capable of burning you and since the trails are slippery and a fall on the trail may be severe for you, so always be cautious as you explore the trails. Along these trails, you will also see numerous birds that include the Long-tailed Hawk, Nkulengu Rail, Ituri Batis, Congo Serpent Eagle, Red-eyed Puff-back, Black-winged Starling, Maxwell’s Black Weaver among others. This tour of the hot springs will end in the early afternoon and after the tour, you will then head back to your accommodation for a late lunch and the rest of the day at leisure. You will later have dinner and a night rest at your accommodation.
Day 5: Transfer to Kampala
- Transfer to Kampala: The final day of the5 Days Murchison Falls & Semuliki Safari, you will be up early, have breakfast at your accommodation and after breakfast, you will check out of the accommodation and then embark on your journey to the country’s capital in Kampala. This is a 5 to 6-hour drive so you will have lunch en route and you will be in Kampala in the evening. The guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kampala or Entebbe.
End of the 5 Days Murchison Falls & Semuliki Safari
The package Includes
- All activities Mentioned above
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Drinking Water
- 4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)
The package Excludes
- Tips and Gratuities
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Laundry Services
- Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature
- Air Flights