6 Days Elgon Summit Tour
6 Days Elgon Summit Tour is an adventurous Uganda Safari Package that a traveler can book and enjoy the hiking safaris in the pearl of Africa.
Highlights of the 6 Days Elgon Summit Tour
- Day 1: Kampala city tour and transfer to Mbale
- Day 2: Kapkwata – Piswa Camp
- Day 3: Hike to Hunters Cave Camp
- Day 4: Wagagai Peak
- Day 5: Descending down the mountain
- Day 6: Transfer to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Kampala city tour and transfer to Mbale
- Kampala city tour: You will be up early and have breakfast. The guide will pick you from your accommodation at 8 am, and then you will head out for the Kampala city tour, after the tour, you will have lunch and after lunch,
- Transfer to Mbale: …you will set off to Mbale town in Eastern Uganda. On your way, you will be delighted at the beautiful views of the beautiful mabira forest, river Nile, and tea and sugarcane plantations. You will arrive in Mbale in the evening check into your accommodation; have dinner and night rest.
Day 2: Hike from Kapkwata to Piswa Camp
- Hike from Kapkwata to Piswa Camp: You will have breakfast in the morning at your accommodation and then you will connect with your guide for a drive to the hiking start point in Kapkwata. The Kapkwata trail gives you scenic views of heath, moorland vegetation, and bamboo. This first day of hiking will end at the Piswa Camp where you will rest for the day, have dinner and night rest.
Day 3: Hike to Hunters Cave Camp
- Hike to Hunters Cave Camp: This second day of hiking will start with breakfast at the camp then you continue your hike to the hunters cave camp through the plat species, the endless wildflower with a stopover at the Saum George and hot springs. You will then continue to the hunter’s cave at the rim of the caldera. You will retire for the day here; have dinner and an overnight rest
Day 4: Wagagai Peak
- Wagagai Peak: Third day of hiking is normally the most exciting day, you hike to the Wagagai peak to the top of the caldera where you will spend some time viewing the rest of the region from the top, taking photos/videos and experiencing the Elgon summit. After your time at the summit, you will descend the mountain using the Jackson trail and you will have a pit stop for the dinner and a night rest at Mude camp.
Day 5: Descending down the mountain
- Descending: You will have breakfast at the camp and after you will embark on your journey to descend the mountain using the sasa trail, descending down to Budadiri. You will meet your guide in Budadiri and then you will drive back to your accommodation where you will have a late lunch, relax and have an overnight stay.
Day 6: Transfer to Kampala
- Transfer to Kampala: You will be up for breakfast and enjoy the beautiful breeze of the surrounding and after breakfast checkout of your accommodation and embark on your journey to Kampala or Entebbe. On your way, you will stop for Lunch in Jinja town, where you will have a chance to see the source of the Nile and a couple of different things that make Jinja Town unique. After your lunch stop in Jinja, you will continue your journey to Kampala or Entebbe; where you will arrive in the evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kampala or Entebbe.
End of the 6 Days Elgon Summit Tour
- Hiking fees
- Park entrance fees
- Vehicle with Fuel
- All accommodation and meals as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Full-time English speaking guides and drivers
- Bottled mineral water while on safari
- Flights and Air tickets
- Hiking equipment and sleeping bags
- All items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, beer, e.t.c
- Anything else not included in the itinerary