6 Days Kidepo & Murchison Falls Wildlife Safari
6 Days Kidepo & Murchison Falls Wildlife Safari, will give you an opportunity to experience a wide range of wildlife species in the dry almost northeastern part of Uganda in Kidepo national park, as well as wildlife including water wildlife in the semi-wet northwestern part of Uganda in Murchison, falls National Park.
Highlights of the 6 Days Kidepo & Murchison Falls Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Kampala to Gulu
- Day 2: Gulu to Kidepo National Park
- Day 3: Morning and Evening Game drive in Kidepo National Park
- Day 4: Ike community visit and transfer to Murchison falls National Park
- Day 5: Game Drive and Boat Cruise in Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 6: Transfer to Kampala with Rhinos at Ziwa
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Kampala to Gulu
- Kampala to Gulu: On the first day of the 6 days Kidepo Valley and Murchison falls African Safari, the tour guide will pick you up from a location in Kampala at 8 am and then embark on your journey north of the country heading to Gulu district when you will have your overnight stay. This is a whole day journey, so you will have lunch en route and you will be in Gulu in the late afternoon, check into your accommodation and spend your time at leisure relaxing from the long journey. You will have dinner and a night rest at your accommodation.
Day 2: Gulu to Kidepo National Park and Nature walk
- Transfer to Kidepo: Day two of the 6 Days Kidepo & Murchison Falls Wildlife Safari, will stay quite early at 7 am with breakfast at your accommodation and then a journey to Kidepo National Park. This is a shorter journey than the previous day’s so you will be in the park at least in the late mid-morning or early afternoon.
- Nature Walk: At the park, you will check into your accommodation, have lunch and after lunch, you will take a guided nature walk to experience the unique beauty of the park as you see numerous birds, a few animals and the seasonal river in the park. After the nature walk, you will head back to your accommodation to chill, later have dinner and night rest.
Day 3: Morning and Evening Game drive in Kidepo National Park
- Morning & Afternoon Game Drive: On the third day of the 6 Days Kidepo & Murchison Falls Wildlife Safari, You will be up very early at before 6 am, because at 6 am you will start your morning game drive in the park to see the wide range of wildlife that lives in the park. You will have a chance to see leopards, elephants, cape buffaloes, Oribis, cheetahs, Jackson’s hartebeest, striped and spotted hyena, Kudus and many more animals. This morning game drive will stretch to the early afternoon and after the drive, you will then head back to your accommodation for lunch and a chill. Later in the evening, you will then go out for another game drive to see more animals and enjoy the park’s ambiance as the night falls. After the game drive you will head back to your accommodation for dinner and a night rest.
Day 4: Ike community visit and transfer to Murchison falls National Park
- Ike community visit: Day four of the 6 days Kidepo Valley and Murchison falls Wildlife Safari, you will be up by 7am, have breakfast at your accommodation and then head out to the community to visit the Ike people, who will engage you in cultural dances and songs as well as stories and a few cultural norms of the people. You will be delighted at the unique culture of these people and you will surely enjoy exploring the different facets of this community. The visit will go on till the mid-morning and after the visit, you will head back to your accommodation for an early lunch and after lunch, you will start your journey to Murchison Falls National Park. You will arrive in Murchison Falls National Park in the evening, check into your accommodation; have dinner and a night rest.
Day 5: Game Drive and Boat Cruise in Murchison Falls National Park
- Game Drive: The fifth day of the 6 days Kidepo & Murchison falls Wildlife Safari, will start early at 6 am with a morning game drive in Murchison Falls National Park to view a variety of wildlife that include zebras, impalas, elephants, lions, kobs, warthogs, antelopes, and many more animals. The game drive will go on up to the late mid-morning and after the game drive, you will then head back to your accommodation for lunch.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will then go for a boat cruise on the Nile River where you will see several water animals and the famous Murchison Falls. If you are up for it you can also take a hike up the falls to experience the falls from the top. After the cruise you will retire for the day, head to your accommodation, where you will have dinner and a night rest.
Day 6: Transfer to Kampala with Rhinos at Ziwa
- Transfer to Kampala: On the final day of the 6 days Kidepo Valley and Murchison falls African Safari, you will have breakfast at your accommodation, check out and head out of the park to head to kampala. On this day you will have lunch en route Kampala and you will also have an opportunity to stop by Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary to view Rhinos. The Rhino viewing may take up to an hour or two and then continue on your journey. You will be in Kampala in the late afternoon or evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice either in Kampala or Entebbe. That will be the end of your 6 days Kidepo & Murchison falls wildlife Safari.
End of the 6 Days Kidepo & Murchison Falls Wildlife Safari
The package includes
- All the activities mentioned above
- Accommodation and meals
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- 4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)
The package excludes
- Tips and Gratuities
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Laundry Services
- Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature
- Air Flights