6 Days Rwanda Uganda Chimpanzee Safari
6 Days Rwanda Uganda Chimpanzee Safari is one of the best primate safari packages whereby travelers get a chance to explore the amazing species of the Chimpanzees in their habitat.
Highlights of the 6 Days Rwanda Uganda Chimpanzee Safari
- Day 1: Kigali and transfer to Nyungwe National Park.
- Day 2: chimpanzee trekking and canopy walk
- Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi National park
- Day 4: Transfer to Kibale national park
- Day 5: chimpanzee habituation and Nature Walk
- Day 6: Transfer to Kampala
Day 1: Kigali and transfer to Nyungwe National Park
- Transfer to Nyungwe: The tour guide will pick you up from a location in Kigali at 8 am, and then you will go for a Kigali city tour to see the local markets and the genocide memorial site. After the city tour, you will then embark on your journey to Nyungwe National Park having lunch en route. You will arrive in Nyungwe National Park in the evening, where you will check into your accommodation, have dinner and night rest.
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and canopy walk
- Chimpanzee trekking: You will be up by 6 am have breakfast and after breakfast, you will head out to Uwinka reception for a briefing about the experience and the guidelines of the trekking experience. You will then head into the forest with your ranger for this experience that will take up to 4 or 5 hours with one hour spent with the chimpanzees. After your chimpanzee trekking experience, you will head to your accommodation for lunch and chill off from the adventurous trekking experience you took on the whole morning.
- Canopy Walk: After lunch, you will then go for the famous canopy walk for a chance to walk on the high hanging canopy suspension above the Nyungwe forest. The walk will take up to 2 hours and after you will head back to your accommodation for dinner and night rest.
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi National park
- Transfer to Bwindi: On this day you will be up early having breakfast, check out of your accommodation and then embark on your 7 or 8-hour journey to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, with lunch en route. You will arrive in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the late afternoon; you will check into your accommodation and relax; if you are up for it you will go for the buhoma cultural tour in the community around Buhoma gorilla trekking sector. You will have dinner and overnight rest at your accommodation
Day 4: Transfer to Kibale national park
- Transfer to Kibale: You will be up early, have breakfast at your accommodation and then embark on another long journey to Kibale national park the capital of primates with lunch en route. You will arrive in Kibale National Park in the evening, check into your accommodation; have dinner and night rest.
Day 5: Chimpanzee habituation and Nature Walk
- Chimpanzee habituation: You will have breakfast at your accommodation and at 7 am head to the park’s headquarters for a briefing and after you will head into the forest with the ranger and wildlife scholars for your habituation experience. Chimpanzee habituation takes most of the day, so you should pack some lunch and water for this experience. This experience will end in the late afternoon; you will then head to your accommodation for a late lunch and chill from the day’s adventure. If you are up to it you can have a nature walk through the bigodi wetlands but if you are not up to it, you will just stay at your accommodation and relax. You will have dinner and a night rest at your accommodation.
Day 6: Transfer to Kampala
- Transfer to Kampala: You will have breakfast at your accommodation in the morning, and after you will embark on your journey to Kampala, having a pit stop in Fortportal town for the amabere caves tour. After the amabere caves tour, you will continue on your journey to Kampala with lunch en route. You will arrive in Kampala in the evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice either in Kampala or Entebbe.
End of the 6 Days Rwanda Uganda Chimpanzee Safari