6 days Uganda Adventures & Congo Safari Tour
6 days Uganda Adventures & Congo Safari Tour is one wonder safari not to miss, it will give you a thrilling experience of the source of the Nile in Uganda and then take you to the wild in DRC to the endangered mountain gorillas as well take an adventurous climb up the famous active Nyiragongo Volcano.
Highlights of the 6 days Uganda Adventures & Congo Safari Tour
- Mabira forest and source of the Nile
- Itanda falls and transfer to Kampala
- Transfer to DRC via Rwanda
- Mountain gorilla trekking
- Nyiragongo hike (Ascend)
- Nyiragongo hike (descend) and Transfer to Kigali
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Mabira forest and Source of the Nile
- Mabira forest: The first day of the 6 days Jinja experience, Virunga National Park and Nyiragongo Trek safari will find you in Kampala or Entebbe in Uganda. You will be up early by 6am, have a breakfast and after embark on a 2 to 3 hour journey to Mabira Forest in Eastern Uganda. When you get to Mabira Forest you will have a forest nature walk and bird watching experience, where you will see numerous bird species, unique tree species and other forest creatures. You will also engage in an adrenaline rush zip lining experience before you head out of the forest in the early afternoon.
- Source of the Nile: When you’re out of the forest you will head to Jinja town which is one hour away from the Mabira forest. In Jinja town, you will have a late lunch and after lunch, you will head to the source of the Nile to explore the monumental point where the Nile starts. After the source of Nile exploration, you will then go to your accommodation, check-in, refresh, have dinner, and night rest.
Day 2: Itanda falls and transfer to Kampala
- Itanda falls and transfer to Kampala: Day 2 of the 6 days Uganda Adventures & Congo Safari Tour, you will be up early, have breakfast, and then head to the Itanda falls where you will have a full day of at recreational activities on the water including white water rafting, bungee jumping and many more. This experience will go on till 3pm so you will have a late lunch and after lunch you will head to Kampala where you will spend a night.
Day 3: Transfer to DRC via Rwanda
- Transfer to DRC via Rwanda: Day 3 of the 6 days Uganda Adventures & Congo Safari Tour, you be up in the morning head to Entebbe International Airport where you will get a flight to Kigali city Rwanda. In Kigali you will then head north east of the city to the Rwanda- DRC border to cross into DRC at Grande Barriere border crossing and then proceed to the Virunga tourism office which is located close by the border post. At the Virunga Tourism office you will get your mountain gorilla and volcano trek permits and after you will be transported to Kibumba tented camp where you will spend the rest of the day at leisure, later have dinner and a night stay.
Day 4: Mountain gorilla trekking
- Mountain gorilla trekking: Day 4 of the 6 days Uganda Adventures & Congo Safari Tour, you will be up early having breakfast before you connect with the gorilla trekking rangers at the park offices for trekking brief. After the brief, you will enter the forest in search of the mountain gorillas and when you find them you spend an hour with them before you leave the forest. You will then return to the camp for lunch and rest of the day at leisure, later you will have dinner and a night rest.
Day 5: Nyiragongo hike (Ascend)
- Nyiragongo hike (Ascend): Day 5 of the 6 days Jinja experience, Virunga National Park and Nyiragongo Trek safari, you will be up early, have breakfast and after head to Kibati Ranger Post which is the start point for the Nyiragongo volcano trek. At Kibati you will be briefed about the trek, hire porter for the trek and then embark on a climb that will take up 6 or 7 hours. The climb will end at the Volcano summit where you will have dinner and spend a night.
Day 6: Nyiragongo hike (descend) and transfer to Kigali
- Nyiragongo hike (descend): Day 6 of the 6 days Jinja experience, Virunga National Park, and Nyiragongo Trek safari, you will rise up early to descend the Nyiragongo Volcano which will take you about 4 to 5 hours. When you at the bottom of the Volcano you will head to Goma to cross into Rwanda. You will then head to Kigali city where you will have a city tour before the driver drops you at the location of your choice in Kigali. On this day you will have lunch en route.
End of 6 days Uganda Adventures & Congo Safari Tour