6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari
6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari: You will have a chance to explore the land of a thousand hills and the plains of Tanzania on this 6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari, as you enjoy primates, scenic sites, and wildlife.
Highlights of the 6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari
- Day one: Kigali to Volcanoes National Park
- Day two: Gorilla trekking
- Day three: Kigali to Lake Manyara National Park via Kilimanjaro
- Day four: Lake Manyara National Park
- Day five: Lake Manyara national park to Ngorongoro National Park
- Day six: Ngorongoro – Tarangire National Park
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Kigali – volcanoes national park
- Kigali – volcanoes national park: The 6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari will start in Kigali where the tour guide will pick you at a location of your choice at 8am. You will then have a kigali city tour that will end just in time for lunch; you will have lunch in the city and after lunch you will head 2 to 3 hours north east of the city to Volcanoes National Park, arriving in the evening.
Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking
- Mountain gorilla trekking: Second day of the 6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari, you will head to the park offices after an early morning breakfast at your accommodation. At the park offices you will be briefed about the gorilla trekking experience and after together with a ranger you will head into the forest to look for the endangered mountain gorillas.
- When you find the gorillas you will spend an hour with them and then head out of the forest. This whole activity takes about 4 to 5 hours. You will then head back to your accommodation for relaxation and meals.
- In the late afternoon you will have a cultural experience in Iby’Iwacu Cultural Village that will end in the early evening. You will then head back to your accommodation for dinner and a night rest.
Day 3: Kigali to Lake Manyara via Kilimanjaro
- Kigali to Lake Manyara: Day three of the 6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari, you will be up pretty early have breakfast and then check out of your accommodation and head to Kigali airport where you will arrive at 10am, check in and then fly to Kilimanjaro airport in Tanzania. The flight is about one and half hours almost two hours; so you will arrive in Kilimanjaro between 1pm and 2pm; you will then have lunch and after lunch embark on a four hour drive to Lake Manyara national park where you will arrive in the evening, check into your accommodation, have dinner and a good night rest.
Day 4: Lake Manyara national park
- Lake Manyara experience: Day four of the 6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari, you will be up early have breakfast and go out to the park for game viewing where you will see numerous animals including all the big five, the game viewing will go on up to lunch time.
- Boat Cruise: You will then head back to your accommodation for lunch and after lunch you will go for a boat cruise on the lake to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the surrounding and see several water animals especially hippos. After the ride you will head back to your accommodation for a dinner and a night rest.
Day 5: Lake Manyara national park to Ngorongoro Crater
- Lake Manyara to Ngorongoro Crater: Day five of the 6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari, you will be up early have breakfast, check out of your accommodation to head to Ngorongoro crater, for a game viewing experience to see the Ngorongoro crater and the different animals that stay within the crater especially the wildebeest. The game viewing experience in Ngorongoro is a whole day experience so you will have a picnic lunch and after the experience you will head back to your accommodation for dinner and a night sleep.
Day 6: Ngorongoro Crater to Arusha
- Ngorongoro Crater to Arusha: Day five of the 6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari, you will be up early have breakfast and have a half day game viewing of more animals in the Ngorongoro Crater before your head to Arusha, where the tour guide will drop you at a location of your choice. On this day you will have a picnic lunch throughout the day and a late lunch when you arrive in Arusha.
End of your 6 days Rwanda and Tanzania Safari
This package includes
- All the activities mentioned above
- Accommodation and Meals
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Drinking Water
- 4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)
This Package excludes
- Air Flights
- Snacks and Alcoholic Drinks
- Tips and Gratuities
- Laundry Services
- Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature