3 Days Bwindi Holiday Safari is a special holiday package prepared to take you for gorilla trekking in Uganda for a cheap price of 1225 USD. On this 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari, you will encounter mountain gorillas in Bwindi Forest National Park. Mountain Gorillas are gentle giant primates that live in dense mountainous forests. They happen to be subspecies of the Gorilla beringei beringei and in the world, they are only found in Uganda, Rwanda and DRC, with Uganda being a natural habitat to over half of the world’s Mountain Gorilla population. These endangered shy primates share almost 98% DNA with human beings and live in groups called families each family under the leadership of a male silverback who protects the group and has the most privileges including eating first at mealtimes.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park covering 331 sq. km is located in south-western Uganda on the edge of the Rift Valley in the ancient Bwindi rain forest. This impenetrable forest is among the most organically diverse places in the world and is home to over half of the world’s population of mountain gorillas.
Holidays are a time to gather with family, friends, colleagues etc and make memories to last a lifetime. Achieve Global Safaris is giving you an opportunity to make memories in the wild enjoying the world’s engendered primates and nature on a special holiday safari to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Highlights of the 3 Days Bwindi Holiday Safari
- Mountain Gorilla Trekking
- Nature and Community Sightings on the way to and from Bwindi
- Equator Line Experience
- Batwa trail experience (optional )
- Igongo Cultural Centre (optional)
- Eclipse Monument (optional)
- City tour Kabale Town (optional)
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi from Kampala
- Pick Up: The first day of this holiday safari tour will start in Kampala, meaning you have to be in Kampala the day before the tour starts for you to be up early for the 8-9 hour journey ahead of you. As this is a long journey you will have to get up quite early have a heavy breakfast, pack snacks for the road and hit the road by 7:30am latest 8am. Your Tour guide will pick you up from your preferred location (Kampala or Entebbe) which should be communicated in advance.
- Transfer to Bwindi: On your way to Bwindi, you will use the Kampala – Kabale – Nkuringo route and on your way, you will have a number of stops for lunch, snacks, bathroom breaks and short sightings (sightings are optional).
- Equator Experience: You will stop at the Equator line in Kayabwe; where you will have the opportunity to see the point where the equator crosses Uganda and visit nearby crafts markets and then you will continue on your journey.
- Cultural Experience at Igongo: You will make another stop at Igongo for lunch; if you choose to have sightings you will have a tour at the Igongo Cultural Centre to learn more about the Ankole culture. After your lunch, if you are up for it you will take a hike to the Eclipse monument in Igongo (if you are not up to it, you can skip the hike). After that you will continue on your journey to Bwindi. Other sightings will be roadside markets in most of the towns along the way, nature and people communities that you will able to view and appreciate in the comfort of the car.
- Arrival in Bwindi: You will arrive in Bwindi, in the evening where you will check into your accommodation facility, have dinner, chill, relax and get a night rest.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking Experience
- Gorilla Trekking: On Day two of the 3 Days Bwindi Holiday Safari, you will start early too and you will have to be up at least by 7am, have breakfast at your accommodation facility, pack your meal and water for the trek and all the other things you may need on the trek. 7:45am you will join other trekkers at the Trekking offices for grouping, briefing on trekking guidelines and all other information you may need. Your group will be assigned a ranger who will take you on this trek then off you will go for your Gorilla trekking experience. The Gorilla trekking experience takes between 6- 7 hours depending on how far the gorilla family you’re visiting is; from your start point. You have to know that most of this time is spent on the trek to and from the gorilla family hence you only spend 1 hour with the gorillas and you use this hour to interact with the Gorillas, take pictures and any other thing that is permitted by the authorities.
- Batwa Trail Experience: After your trek, you will head back to your accommodation facility, freshen up, relax and chill. If you are not so worn-out from the trek, your guide will pick you up for the Batwa Trail Experience which takes about an hour and a half; after you will be back at the accommodation for dinner and good night rest. (The trail experience is totally optional). NB: If you don’t go for the trail experience, after your trek, you will head back to your accommodation facility, freshen up, relax, have dinner later in the evening and have a good night’s rest.
Day 3: Batwa Experience and Return to Kampala
- Check out & Batwa Experience: This day will start at 7am with breakfast at your accommodation facility then you will check out of the facility and start your journey back to Kampala. If you were not able to have the Batwa experience the previous day and you wish to have it, you can have the experience after breakfast for an hour and a half and then start your journey to Kampala. (The Batwa experience is optional).
- Return to Kampala: On your way to Kampala, you will have a Kabale town tour for about half an hour or an hour max. (Kabale town is not so big so it doesn’t take long to tour it) you will then continue your journey to Kampala this time via Mubende -Mityana Road. You will take the same amount of time to get to Kampala but this time with different journey scenery. This route has quite a number of tea estates and unique topography that you can view from the comfort of the Car; meaning it will not encroach on your time at all. You may stop on this journey will be for lunch and a few stops for bathroom breaks, snacks, and stretches.
- Drop off: You will arrive in Kampala in the evening and your guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kampala or Entebbe.
That will be it for your 3 Days Bwindi Holiday Safari.
|All activities Mentioned above||Visas|
|Accommodation and Meals||Air Flights|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Snacks and Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking-Water||Tips and Gratuities|
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Laundry Services|
|Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|