2 Days Wildlife Safaris is one of the shortest wildlife tours that will give you an experience in the Lake Mburo Nationa Park in Western Uganda. Lake Mburo National Park is named after Lake Mburo, a lake in the park that is part of a 50km – long wetland with other 13 lakes. The park is located really close to the Kampala highway that connects Kampala to western Uganda. It’s the smallest Savannah national park in Uganda but home to 350 bird species and a variety of wildlife that includes but limited to Eland, Zebras, Impalas, Cape Buffalos, Oribi, Waterbuck, Leopards, Hippos, Hyenas, Reedbuck, and many more. Therefore, brace yourself for an amazing 2 days of wildlife viewing, breath-taking scenery, birdlife viewing, water adventure and amazing safari activities that will make you two days absolutely memorable.
Highlights of the 2 Days Wildlife Safaris
- Game drives to view wildlife
- Boat cruise
- Nature walk
- Equator experience
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Lake Mburo
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: It takes you 4 – 5 hours to get to Lake Mburo National Park, so you will get up at 7am have breakfast and get ready for your 2 Days Wildlife Safaris. Your guide will pick you from a location of your choice (Kampala) and you will start on your way at 8am. On your way you will have stops for snacks, bathroom breaks and stretches; you will also have the main stop at kayabwe for the equator line experience; you will also have an opportunity to visit crafts markets nearby. You will then continue on your journey to Lake Mburo National Park.
- Check-in: You will arrive at the park in the early afternoon, check into your accommodation, have lunch and have a chill from the journey and.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will go for a boat cruise on the lake to experience the cool lake breeze, see a number of waterbirds in their natural habitat and a few wild animals enjoying the lake water. The cruise will take about 2 to 3 hours and after the boat cruise, you will head back to your accommodation and have dinner.
- Night Game Drive: After dinner you will go for the extraordinary night game drive that will take 2 – 3 hours and after you will head back to your accommodation for your day’s night rest.
Day 2: Game drive and Transfer to Kampala
- Game Drive: You will be up quite early 5am, have breakfast, then go for a morning game drive to see more wild animals as they dive into their hiding places for their day’s rest.
- Community Walk: After the game drive; you will have a one hour nature and community walk to see some bird species and to interact with a couple of cultures of the people that live near Lake Mburo.
- Departure: After you will head back to your accommodation, to relax and have lunch; at 2pm you will set off from Lake Mburo to head to Kampala; you will be in Kampala in the evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kampala or Entebbe.
That will be your 2 Days Wildlife Safaris
|All mentioned activities and park entrance fees.||Visas|
|Accommodation with meals||Tips and Gratuities|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking Water||Laundry Services|
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|
See also: 2 Days Murchison Falls Safaris