2 Days Murchison Falls Safari is a short but a fun-packed safari that will give you the best of the 2 Days in Uganda’s wilderness. Murchison Falls National Park is the largest and oldest national park in Uganda and it is located in north-western Uganda. The park offers you the ultimate safari with a chance to see the wild, the birds and the beautiful waterfalls as you also enjoy other surreal moments in and outside the park.
The 2 Days Murchison Falls Safari gives you an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the park, the Nile River, the waterfalls, bird life at the park, wildlife at the park and a memorable road trip through the different districts in Uganda.
It’s important to note that for this 2 Days Murchison Falls Safari, you will need to be in Kampala City before day 1 of the tour to give you ample time to travel to Murchison Falls in an appropriate time window to be in time for the activities.
2 Days Murchison Falls Safari Epic moments
- Sightseeing on the way to and from Murchison Falls. -Day one and two
- Boat cruise – Day one
- Water Bird watching while on the cruise – Day one
- Hiking to the top of the falls –Day one
- Top of the falls experience – Day one
- Game drive and wildlife viewing – Day two
- Rhino Viewing – Day two (optional)
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala, Boat Cruise, Hike to the top of the falls and Ferry Crossing
- Transfer from Kampala to Murchison Falls National park: your tour guide will pick you up from your preferred location in Kampala as agreed on with the tour consultant prior to the safari. You will need to get up early, and be on the road to Murchison falls by 6am for you to make it in time for the first activity at 2pm. The journey from Kampala to Murchison Falls is between 4.5 and 5 hours putting the consideration of traffic delays and a couple of stops on the way for coffee, a snack and a bathroom break. If you set off from Kampala at 6am, you will be in Murchison Falls National Park by 12pm. You will enter the park then, have lunch at Red Chillie Restaurant – a restaurant inside the park, relax for a few minutes as you gear up for the boat cruise that starts at 2 pm exactly.
- Boat Cruise: About 15 minutes to 2pm you are expected to be in the boat getting comfortable and ready to start the cruise at 2pm exactly. The boat goes downstream offering you a golden opportunity to see a variety of waterbirds in the Nile Basin on and a couple of wild animals coming to the quench their thirst along the banks of the Nile River.
- Hike to the top of the falls: The boat cruise takes about 2 -3 hours and at the end of the cruise you will have a chance to hike to the top of the falls to enjoy the scenery of the falls and the surrounding from the top. (Please note if you are not up for the hike, you can skip the hike and just proceed to meet your guide at the other end).
- Ferry Crossing: If you choose to hike, your guide will be waiting for you to join him/her for the ferry crossing to the park. After the ferry crossing, you will drive to you Pakuba Lodge where you will check-in, get a room, freshen up from a long day, have dinner, relax, enjoy the evening and get a good night’s rest.
Day 2: Morning Game Drive, Ferry Crossing, and Rhino Trekking (Optional)
- Morning Game Drive: Your day will start at 5am or 5:30am with an early morning breakfast then check out of the lodge and at 6am to start your game drive through the park to sight the different animals in the wild like giraffes, buffalos, elephants, lions and much more.
- Ferry Crossing: The game drive takes about 3 -4 hours and after the game drive, you and your guide will head to the ferry for the ferry crossing to the other side of the park where you will exit the park at about 12pm.
- Rhino Trekking (Optional): On your way to Kampala, you may choose to stop by Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary to view rhinos but if time is not on your side you will just head straight to Kampala with a stop on the way for lunch, a few minutes to chill from the drive and a bathroom break.
- Drop Off/Departure: By 5pm or 6pm you will be in Kampala and the guide will drop you off at your preferred place that may be a restaurant, hotel, bus stop or airport among places.
And that will be it for you 2 days Murchison Falls Uganda Safari.