5 Days Volcanoes Nyungwe & Lake Kivu Safari
5 Days Volcanoes Nyungwe & Lake Kivu Safari is one safari that will give you a feel of the endangered primates thus the mountain gorillas and the chimpanzees as well as recreational activities like the canopy walk and the boat cruise.
Highlights of the 5 Days Volcanoes Nyungwe & Lake Kivu Safari
- Volcanoes National Park
- mountain gorilla trekking
- Nyungwe National Park
- Chimpanzee trekking
- Canopy walk
- Lake Kivu
- Boat Cruise
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Transfer to Volcanoes: Day 1 of the 5 Days Volcanoes Nyungwe & Lake Kivu Safari, the guide will pick you up from a location in Kigali City at 9 am and then you will head north of the city to Volcanoes National Park, this drive is 2 to 3 hours so you will arrive in the park around the late mid-morning, check into your accommodation and then have lunch and a chill from the drive.
- Iby’iwacu Cultural Village: Later in the afternoon you will head to Iby’iwacu Cultural Village to experience the Rwanda culture displayed in songs, dances, and stories.
- You will have dinner and an overnight stay at your accommodation.
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla trekking and Transfer to Nyungwe National park
- Gorilla trekking: Day two of the 5 Days Volcanoes Nyungwe & Lake Kivu Safari, you will be up early, have breakfast and then head to the park’s headquarters for a trekking briefing before you enter the forest for your mountain gorilla trekking experience. You will climb up the hilly landscape and find the gorillas with whom your will spend one hour with these huge apes – mountain gorillas and then head out of the forest and head back to your accommodation. The entire experience is about 4 to 5 hours. You will have lunch at your accommodation, check out and then head south to Nyungwe National Park, arriving in Nyungwe National Park in the evening, you will check into your accommodation, have dinner and night rest.
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking & Canopy walk
- Chimpanzee trekking: Day 3 of the 5 days Volcanoes, Nyungwe, and kivu safari, you will still be up early, have breakfast and head to the park’s reception for a trekking briefing, after the briefing, you will enter the Nyungwe forest national park to search for the endangered chimpanzees. When you find the chimpanzees you will spend an hour with the chimpanzees and then head out of the forest and back to your accommodation, this trekking experience like the one in Volcanoes National Park will take 4 to 5 hours.
- Canopy walk: You will have lunch at your accommodation and then after you will go for a canopy walk on top of the forest to see the scenic views of the regions and see animals, birds and butterflies that live in the park as well as appreciate the tree species of the forest from the top. The walk takes up to 2 hours after you will spend the rest of the day at leisure and later dinner and a night rest at your accommodation.
Day 4: Transfer to Lake Kivu and Launch cruise
- Transfer to Lake Kivu: Day four of the 5 Days Volcanoes Nyungwe & Lake Kivu Safari, you will get up to breakfast at your accommodation and after breakfast, check out of your accommodation and then embark on your journey to Gisenyi, Lake Kivu.
- Boat Cruise Experience: You will arrive in Gisenyi in the late mid-morning, have lunch and after lunch at 2 pm then go for a boat cruise on Lake Kivu to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the lake as well as see several water animals including crocodiles and hippos, water birds and water vegetation. After the boat cruise, you will have a chance if you are up to it to chat with the fishing community in Gisenyi before you transfer to your accommodation, where you will check-in, have dinner and night rest.
Day 5: Transfer to Kigali
- Transfer to Kigali: Day five of the 5 Days Volcanoes Nyungwe & Lake Kivu Safari, will start with breakfast at leisure as you enjoy the beauty of lake Kivu and the surrounding areas, listen to the birds’ singings and enjoy the breezy wind from the lake.
- Transfer to Kigali: After breakfast, you will check out of your accommodation and head to Kigali city; this is a 2 to 3-hour drive, you will arrive in Kigali in the early afternoon or in the late mid-morning and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice in the city.
End of your 5 Days Volcanoes Nyungwe & Lake Kivu Safari
The Safari package includes:
- All permits
- All activities mentioned
- Accommodation and Meals
- 4WD safari vehicle
- Bottled drinking water
- English Speaking Driver/guide.
The Safari package excludes:
- Air tickets
- All expenses of a personal nature
- Telephone expenses
- Porter fees
- Personal insurance
- Alcohol and other drinks not on meals