2 Days Mabira forest & Source of the Nile tour is a short Uganda Safari tour that takes you to the amazing source of the longest river in the world i.e. River Nile. The 2 Days Mabira forest & Source of the Nile tour will give you a 2-days opportunity to see nature at its best and take part in adventurous activities in the Mabira Rain forest.
Mabira forest: Mabira forest is a bio-diverse forest sitting on an area of 300 square kilometres between Lugazi and Jinja. The forest is a hub of a mixed assembly of flora and home to a wide variety of birdlife and the famous red tailed monkey.
Source of the Nile: The longest river in the world has its source on Lake Victoria, with the source spot in Jinja; the spot is where the Nile River begins its journey through several countries all the way to the Mediterranean Sea.
Highlights of the 2 Days Mabira forest & Source of the Nile tour
- Bird Watching in Mabira
- Forest Nature walk in Mabira
- Source of the Nile
- Mountain Biking
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala/Entebbe to Mabira and Jinja.
- Transfer to Mabira Forest: For this tour, you can start from Kampala City or Entebbe, but keep in mind, wherever you start from, you will have an hour edge or delay respectively to your time of arrival at the forest.
- Mabira Forest Experience: You will be up early, have breakfast and be on the road quite early to be at Mabira rain forest by 8 am. At Mabira forest you will engage in an array of forest activities that will go till the early afternoon. The activities are;
- Bird watching: You will watch some of the rarest birds in the world, like the Nahan’s Francolin, Black and White casqued hornbills, Cassin’s Hawk-Eagle etc.
- Ziplining: You will have a run for your adrenaline when you hang on a wireline high in the air, zip-lining from one point of the forest to another. This activity challenges your fear of heights but if you are not up to it you can sit this one out.
- Forest Nature Walk: You will have a walk through the forest to appreciate the diversity of this rain forest and if you are lucky you will spot the famous red tailed monkeys.
- Continue to Jinja: After the activities, you will head to Jinja where you will have lunch and visit the source of the Nile. Jinja is about an hour from Mabira Forest.
- Check-in: In Jinja, you will check into your accommodation and have lunch. After Lunch, you will then head out to the source of the Nile.
- Source of the Nile Experience: At the source of the Nile, you will walk through crafts markets and see the Gandhi statue.
- Boat Ride: Then you will take a boat ride on the River Nile to the spot of the source of the Nile; on the boat ride you will also get a chance to admire the diverse flora on the Nile and a few water birds that live on the Nile. After this, you will head back to accommodation for dinner and a night rest.
Day 2: Source of the Nile – Mountain biking and Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe
- Mountain Biking: You will be up early, have breakfast and head to the source of the Nile for mountain biking. The biking experience allows you to explore the Nile topography and diverse flora and gives you a run for your fitness.
- The activity will take about 3 hours and after you will head to your accommodation to relax and have lunch.
- Return to Kampala: After lunch, you will check out of your accommodation and start your journey to Kampala. You will be in Kampala/Entebbe Airport in the evening and the guide will drop you the location of your choice in either town.
End of the 2 Days Mabira forest & Source of the Nile tour
|All activities Mentioned above||Visas|
|Accommodation and Meals||Tips and Gratuities|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking Water||Laundry Services|
|Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|
See also: 1 Day Itanda Falls Tour