2 Days Source of the Nile Tour is an amazing Uganda Safari tour where a traveler gets to enjoy a variety of unique tour activities on the River Nile that are not everywhere in the country. The 2 Days Source of the Nile Tour will give you a 2-day opportunity to see nature at its best and be a part of adventurous activities on the Nile River and in the Mabira Rain forest.
Mabira forest a bio-diverse forest sitting on an area of 300 square kilometers between Lugazi and Jinja. The forest is a hub of a mixed assembly of flora and home to a wide variety of birdlife and the famous red tailed monkey.
Source of the Nile: The longest river in the world has its source on Lake Victoria, with the source spot in Jinja; the spot is where the Nile River begins its journey through several countries all the way to the Mediterranean Sea.
Itanda falls constructed after the submerging of the Bugagali falls, has a peculiar set of rapids and falls give your water adventure activities an edge like no other.
2 Days Source of the Nile Tour Highlights
- White water Rafting
- Source of the Nile
- Bird Watching in Mabira
- Forest Nature walk in Mabira
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala/Entebbe to Itanda falls.
- Transfer to Itanda Falls: For this tour, you can start from Kampala or Entebbe, keep in mind, wherever you start from, you will have an hour edge or delay respectively to your time of arrival at the Itanda falls. You will be up early, have breakfast and be on the road quite early to be at Itanda falls by 8 am.
- Water Rafting Experience: On arrival at Itanda falls you will have a briefing and a snack and off you will go for your rafting experience. You will have snacks and a drink on the experience so you won’t be hungry.This experience will go on till 3 pm and after that, you will head to the other side of Jinja which is an hour from Itanda falls.
- Jinja town Tour: On the other side of Jinja, you will have a brief Jinja town tour, then check into your accommodation, take a chill from the day’s activities, have dinner and a night’s rest.
Day 2: Source of the Nile, Mabira forest and Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe
- Source of the Nile Experience: You will be up early, have breakfast and head to the source of the Nile. At the source of the Nile, you will walk through crafts markets and see the Gandhi statue. Then you will take a boat ride on the River Nile to the spot of the source of the Nile; on the boat ride, you will also get a chance to admire the diverse flora on the Nile and a few water birds that live on the Nile.
- Mabira Forest tour: After the source of the Nile experience, you will head to the Mabira forest for an array of forest activities that will go till the late afternoon. The activities are:-
- Bird watching: You will watch some of the rarest birds in the world, like the Nahan’s Francolin, Black and White casqued hornbills, Cassin’s Hawk-Eagle, etc.
- Ziplining: You will have a run for your adrenaline when you hang on a wireline high in the air, zip-lining from one point of the forest to another. This activity challenges your fear of heights but if you are not up to it you can sit this one out.
- Forest Nature Walk: You will have a walk through the forest to appreciate the diversity of this rain forest and if you are lucky you will spot the famous red tailed monkeys.
- Departure: After the forest activities, you will start your journey to Kampala City, with a stop for Lunch in Lugazi and then proceeding to either Kampala or Entebbe.
End of the 2 Days Source of the Nile Tour
|All activities Mentioned above||Visas|
|Accommodation and Meals||Tips and Gratuities|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking Water||Laundry Services|
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|