3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking from Kigali is a short tour where you will trek mountain gorillas in Uganda though you will land in Kigali Rwanda. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park covers an area of 331 sq. km and is located in south-western Uganda on the edge of the Rift Valley in the ancient Bwindi rain forest. This impenetrable forest is among the most organically diverse places in the world and is home to over half of the world’s population of the endangered mountain gorillas; the mountainous area also has a range of breath-taking Flora and is home to a number of bird species. Kigali city is the capital of Rwanda; a country that borders Uganda to the south west. The city is 4-5 hours from Bwindi impenetrable National park, making it a shorter route compared to the 8-9 hours distance from Entebbe in Uganda.
Highlights of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking from Kigali
- Mountain Gorilla Trekking
- Topography sightings
- Kigali City Tour (optional)
- Mountain biking (optional)
- Batwa trail experience (optional )
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Bwindi
- Transfer to Bwindi: The first day of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking from Kigali tour will be you transfer from Kigali to Bwindi. The dynamics of this transfer vary to your preferences and the times you’re in Kigali; the journey from Kigali to Bwindi is 4-5 hours so you can choose to set off in the morning or afternoon either you will get to Bwindi before dark.
- Option 1; setting off in the afternoon from Kigali: This can be because you arrive in Kigali on that very day you are heading to Bwindi, meaning you have to plan for a flight that arrives in Kigali within the morning and mid-morning hours of the day, so that you can be in Kigali latest 12pm; to give you ample time relax a bit and have lunch before you set off to Bwindi. Here you guide picks you from Kigali International airport and then takes you to lunch; then together you head to Bwindi.
- Or You can be in Kigali and choose to have a morning city tour in Kigali the very day your heading to Bwindi; here you get up moderately early about 7am, have breakfast and about 8am you guide will pick you from a location in Kigali, and takes on the Kigali city tour to experience the sights and sounds Kigali city and visit the Kigali genocide memorial site, Kigali memorial epicentre and other city landmarks. This tour takes about 2 to 3 hours after you will have lunch and then set off to Bwindi. (The city tour is optional so you can just skip it and wait for the guide to pick you up in the afternoon at set off time, what you prefer is what you choose). When you set off from Kigali in the afternoon you will arrive in Bwindi, in the evening, check into your accommodation facility, have dinner, chill, relax and get a night rest.
- Option 2: Setting off in the morning from Kigali: If you wish to set off in the morning from Kigali, you will have to spend a night in Kigali City and then get up early the day of heading to Bwindi, get ready for the trip and have breakfast. The guide will pick you from a location in Kigali City and together you will set off to Bwindi. You will arrive in Bwindi in the afternoon; you will check into your accommodation facility, have lunch then relax and chill. If you are you to it the guide will take you for mountain biking and then the batwa trail experience in the afternoon through to the evening. After the activities you will return to your accommodation facility, freshen up, relax, have dinner then rest for the night.
- NB: For both these options; on your way to Bwindi, you will have a major stop at the Rwanda- Uganda border to obtain a Ugandan Visa that will allow you entry into Uganda and also have a couple of security checks at the border; you will then proceed to Bwindi, as you enjoy the sight of hills and a variety of flora on your way in the comfort of the car.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekkingg
- Gorilla Trekking: Day two of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking from Kigali tour will start early too; you will have to be up at least by 7am, have breakfast at your accommodation facility, pack your meal and water for the trek and all the other things you may need on the trek. 7:45am you will gather at the Trekking offices for grouping, briefing on trekking guidelines and all other information you may need. Your group will be assigned a ranger who will take you on this trek then off you will go for your Gorilla trekking experience. The Gorilla trekking experience takes between 5- 6 hours depending on how far the gorilla family you’re visiting is; from your start point. You have to know that most of this time is spent on the trek to and from the gorilla family thus you only spend 1 hour with the gorillas. You will use this hour with the Gorillas to interact with them, take pictures and any other thing that is permitted by the authorities. After your trek, you will head back to your accommodation facility, freshen up and relax, have dinner later in the evening and get a night rest.
- Batwa Trail Experience: If you didn’t have the Batwa trail experience the previous day and you wish too, your guide will take you for the Batwa trail experience and after you will return to the accommodation facility have dinner and have a good night rest. If you had the Batwa experience the previous day but still wish to have an activity, the guide will take you for a nature walk in the park; after you will return to the accommodation facility for dinner and then have a night rest. The Batwa trail experience and nature walk are option so you can choose to do neither, stay at the accommodation facility, relax, have dinner and then have your night rest.
Day 3: Transfer from Bwindi to Kigali or Kampala.
- Transfer to Kampala: The options of this day will vary, depending on your preference, the time you would want to be in Kigali or if you are returning through Kampala.
- Option 1: setting off in the afternoon from Bwindi to Kigali. If you are setting off in the afternoon from Bwindi, you will have a free morning to either relax at the accommodation facility, go for mountain biking, nature walk or Batwa trail experience depending on your preference; you decide what you want to do with your morning. You will have lunch at the accommodation facility, then check out and then set off from Bwindi to Kigali. You will arrive in Kigali in the evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice. (Location in Kigali) That will be it for your 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking from Kigali.
- Option 2: setting off in the morning from Bwindi to Kigali. Setting off in the morning from Bwindi will mean, you get up early, have breakfast, check out of the accommodation facility and then set off from Bwindi to Kigali. You will be in Kigali in the early afternoon, and the guide will drop you a location of your choice. (Location in Kigali city) Or if you didn’t have a Kigali city tour on day one and you wish to have the tour, you will have lunch a given restaurant, then the guide will take you on a Kigali city tour that will last about 2 hours, after which the guide will drop you a location of your choice. (Location in Kigali City). End of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking from Kigali.
- Option 3: Transfer from Bwindi to Kampala: This day will start at 7am with breakfast at your accommodation facility then you will check out of the facility and start your journey back to Kampala. If you were not able to have the Batwa experience the previous day and you wish to have it, you can have the experience after breakfast for an hour and half and then start you journey to Kampala. (The Batwa experience is optional so you don’t have to go for it if you are not up to it). On your way to Kampala you will have a main stop for Lunch and a couple of other stops for bathroom breaks, snacks and stretches. You will arrive in Kampala in the evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice (Kampala or Entebbe).
End of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking from Kigali
|Gorilla trekking permits and other activity fees||Visas|
|Accommodation with meals in Bwindi||Tips and Gratuities|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking Water||Laundry Services|
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|
See also: 3 days bwindi gorilla trek safari