3 Days Mount Elgon Hike
3 Days Mount Elgon Hike is one of the Uganda Hiking Safaris that are short but filled with a fun and an amazing adventurous experience. Mount Elgon is an extinct volcano in eastern Uganda bordering Kisumu and Kitale in Kenya. The mountain has five peaks with Wagagai being the highest and the most hiked peak of the mountain. The other peaks are Wagagai 4,321 metres in Uganda, Sudek 4,302 metres on the Kenya/Uganda border, Koitobos 4,222 metres in Kenya, Mubiyi 4,211 metres in Uganda, and Masaba 4,161 metres in Uganda.
The mountain also has other features that include the Caldera, warm springs by Suam River and the endless bluff. On your hiking experience, you will have an opportunity to hike the highest peak of the mountain and see the scenic east African region from the top of the mountain. You will also have the experience of a lifetime taking on these amazing hiking trails.
Highlights of the 3 Days Mount Elgon Hike
- Day 1: Kampala city tour and transfer to Mbale
- Day 2: Hiking Mount Elgon
- Day 3: Mbale to Kampala
Day 1: Kampala city tour and transfer to Mbale
- Transfer to Mbale: You will wake up early have breakfast, and the guide will pick you from you’re a location in Kampala or Entebbe by 8 am at 9 am and then you will go for a city tour in Uganda’s capital Kampala. After the city tour, you will have lunch and after lunch, you will set off to Mbale town in Eastern Uganda. On your way, you will be delighted at the beautiful views of the magnificent Mabira forest, river Nile, and tea and sugarcane plantations along the way. You will arrive in Mbale in the evening check into your accommodation; have dinner and night rest.
Day 2: Hiking Mount Elgon
- Hiking Mount Elgon: You will be up early, have breakfast and then set out for your hiking experience. Remember to pack some lunch and water for your hike. You will be assigned a hiking ranger who will brief you and guide you through the different mountain trails seeing beautiful sceneries of vegetation, waterfalls, and the surrounding communities among other things. You will enjoy a thrilling hiking experience that will take most of the day and after you will retire to your accommodation have dinner and then your overnight sleep.
Day 3: Mbale to Kampala
- Mbale to Kampala: You will be up for breakfast and enjoy the beautiful breeze of the surrounding and after breakfast checkout of your accommodation and embark on your journey to Kampala or Entebbe. On your way, you will stop for Lunch in Jinja town, where you will have a chance to see the source of the Nile and a couple of different things that make Jinja Town unique. After your lunch stop in Jinja, you will continue your journey to Kampala or Entebbe; where you will arrive in the evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kampala or Entebbe.
End of the 3 Days Mount Elgon Hike
- Hiking fees
- Park entrance fees
- All accommodation as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Full-time English speaking guides and drivers
- Bottled mineral water while on safari
- Flights and Air tickets
- All items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, beer, e.t.c
- Anything else not included in the itinerary
See also 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife tour