3 Days Wildlife Safaris is one of the shortest wildlife tours that will give you an experience in the Lake Mburo Nationa Park in Western Uganda. Lake Mburo National Park is named after Lake Mburo, a lake in the park that is part of a 50km – long wetland with other 13 lakes. The park is located really close to the Kampala highway that connects Kampala to western Uganda. It’s the smallest Savannah national park in Uganda but home to 350 bird species and a variety of wildlife that includes but limited to Eland, Zebras, Impalas, Cape Buffalos, Oribi, Waterbuck, Leopards, Hippos, Hyenas, Reedbuck, and many more. Therefore, brace yourself for an amazing 3 days of wildlife viewing, breath-taking scenery, birdlife viewing, water adventure and amazing safari activities that will make you two days absolutely memorable.
Highlights of the 3 Days Wildlife Safaris
- Game drives to view wildlife
- Boat cruise
- Nature walk
- Equator experience
Day 1: Transfer to Lake Mburo
- Morning Transfer to Lake Mburo: You will get up by 7 am have breakfast and be on the road by 8 am. You will be at Lake Mburo national park in the early afternoon, check into your accommodation, and have a chill from the journey and have lunch.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will then go for a boat cruise on the lake to experience the cool lake breeze, see a number of waterbirds in their natural habitat and a few wild animals taking water from the lake. After the boat cruise, you will head back to your accommodation and have dinner.
- Night Game Drive: After dinner, you will go for a Night game drive to see a variety of wildlife that lives in the park. After the game drive, you will head back to your accommodation for your night rest.
Day 2: Game drive/Boat cruise/Community walk
On Day 2 of the 3 Days Wildlife Safaris, you will be up quite early 5am, have breakfast, then go for a morning game drive to see more wild animals as they dive into their hiding places for their day’s rest.
After that you will head back to your accommodation, to relax and have lunch.
After lunch you will:-
- Then go for a boat cruise on the lake to experience the cool lake breeze, see a number of waterbirds in their natural habitat and a few wild animals taking water from the lake. (If you didn’t have the previous or want to redo it)
- Go for cycling in the park
- Have a nature walk and community walk to see the different communities in Lake Mburo and the diverse nature in the park
- Bird watching
- Horseback riding
After your activity, you will head back to your accommodation and have dinner and have a night rest.
Day 3; Transfer to Kampala
- Game Drive: On the final day of the 3 Days Wildlife Safaris, you will be up quite early 5 am, have breakfast, then go for a morning game drive to see more wild animals as they dive into their hiding places for their day’s rest.
- Community Walk: After the game drive; you will have a one hour nature and community walk to see some bird species and to interact with a couple of cultures of the people that live near Lake Mburo.
- Departure: After you will head back to your accommodation, to relax and have lunch; at 2pm you will set off from Lake Mburo to head to Kampala; you will be in Kampala in the evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kampala or Entebbe.
|All mentioned activities and park entrance fees.||Visas|
|Accommodation with meals||Tips and Gratuities|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking Water||Laundry Services|
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|
See also: 2 Days Wildlife Safaris