7 Days Uganda Safari Tour
7 Days Uganda Safari Tour is a weeks-long Uganda Safari Package that pretty much gives a traveler a taste of almost every wildlife species in the country. This 7 days road trip Safari in western Uganda gives a chance to tour 4 park s in the west of Uganda that are connected by a unique road network. Compared to other safari packages it has more on the road time and offers you the greatest sceneries, adventure, wildlife and primate experiences on your safari.
The 7 Days Uganda Safari Tour includes amazing activities and attractions like Scenery sightings, Rhinos, Top of the falls, Game drives, Boat cruise, Top of the falls, Chimpanzee trekking, Community walk, Tree climbing lions, Gorilla trekking, Batwa experience, Kabale town tour, Igongo cultural museum, Eclipse momentum, and a tour of the Equator.
Murchison Falls National Park sits on the shore of Lake Albert, in northwest Uganda. It’s known for the Falls, where the Victoria Nile River surges through a narrow gap over a massive drop. Park wildlife includes elephants and hippos, with primates in the Kaniyo Pabidi mahogany forest. The Lake Albert Delta is home to rare shoebill storks. There are game fish in the cascades of Karuma Falls.
Kibale National Park is known as the capital of primates that live in its tropical rain forest. The park is flooded with chimpanzees, monkeys, baboons, and other wildlife, over 300 bird species and beautiful nature sceneries of lowland and montane forests.
Queen Elizabeth National Park formerly known as Kazinga National Park is known for its numerous wildlife, birdlife, and breath taking crater lakes that contribute to its beautiful scenery. The animals in the park include the Ugandan Kob, African Bush Elephant, leopards, tree-climbing lions, hippos, etc.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in south western Uganda is the home to the endangered mountain gorillas with over half the world’s population living in the park’s forest as their natural habitat. This is the place to be for your gorilla trekking experience. It also has numerous bird species and the batwa people living around the park.
Highlights of the 7 Days Uganda Safari Tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 2: Game Drive, Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking, Community and nature Walk
- Day 4: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 5: Morning Game Drive and transfer to Bwindi
- Day 6: Gorilla Trekking and the Batwa Trail Experience
- Day 7: Bwindi to Kampala City
Day 1: Kampala to Murchison Falls National Park
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: On day 1 of the 7 Days Uganda Safari Tour, you will get up early, have breakfast and be ready to hit the road by 6 am. Your guide will pick you up from a preferred location in Kampala City as communicated earlier. On your way to Murchison falls you will have a few stops for bathroom breaks, snacks, and brief stretches; you will also be able to view from the comfort of the car, the different people communities, roadside markets, unique topographies, and several nature wonders.
- Rhino Trekking: Your first main stop will be at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino viewing; this activity will take about an hour and then you will continue to Murchison Falls National Park where you will have lunch and take a chill from the long journey before you go for the boat Cruise at 2 pm.
- Boat Cruise: Between 2 pm and 4 pm you will be on a boat cruise that will give up a golden chance to see the beautiful scenery along the Nile, the falls as they pour down, several water Birds along the Nile and a few wild animals sipping water from the Nile.
- Hike to the top of the Falls: After the Boat Cruise, you will take a hike to the top of the falls to view the Falls and the surrounding area from the top. (This Hike is quite steep and if you are not up to it feel free to skip it).
- Ferry Crossing: At the end of the Boat Cruise or the Top of the falls experience, you will connect with your guide at that particular side of the park and go for the ferry crossing to the other side of the Park where your accommodation will be. After the ferry crossing, you will head to your accommodation facility, check-in, relax, and have dinner get some rest for the night.
Day 2: Game Drive, Transfer to Kibaale National Park
- Game Drive & Ferry Crossing: You will be up early on this day, have breakfast and at 5 am go for a morning game drive. The game drive will go on till 10 am; after the game drive, you will go for the ferry crossing.
- Transfer to Kibale National Park: After ferry crossing and exiting the park you will then be on your way to Kibale National park. On your way to Kibale, you will appreciate varying topography in the several areas you will pass through. You will also have stops for bathroom breaks, snacks, and short stretches. You will either have lunch en-route or have a late lunch in Fort portal town. You will arrive in Kibale National Park in the evening, check into your accommodation have dinner and have your night rest.
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking, Community and nature Walk
- Chimpanzee Trekking: You will be up early still, have breakfast, pack your lunch for the trek and head to the trekking offices; you will have to be at the offices by 7:30 am for briefing and grouping. Your group will be assigned a chimpanzee trekking ranger who will guide you on this amazing trek. The trek will take about 4-6 hours with most of the time spent trekking and 1 hour spent with the chimpanzees. After the trek, you will head back to your accommodation facility freshen up, have a snack and relax. If you are up to it, when you feel rejuvenated enough, your guide will take you for community and nature walk to experience the unique culture of the people of Kibaale and appreciate the beautiful scenery of the park. After the walk, you will head back to your accommodation facility for dinner and night rest.
Day 4: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park: You will get up early, have breakfast and check out of the accommodation facility and get on the road to Queen Elizabeth National Park to see the tree-climbing lions. It’s important to note that these lions are quite hard to spot because of their tree-climbing abilities and it’s not a guarantee that you will see them, you can catch them by luck however if you really can’t miss seeing these lions, you can acquire a lion tracking device from the park offices to facilitate your lion experience.
- Boat Cruise Experience: You will be in QENP in the midmorning, check into your accommodation, have an early lunch then at 2 pm go for a boat cruise to see amazing flora and fauna on the water.
- Evening Game Drive: After the boat cruise, you will head to your accommodation, have dinner and then go out for an evening game drive. After your evening game drive, you will head back to your accommodation for your night rest.
Day 5: Morning Game Drive and transfer to Bwindi
- Morning Game Drive: You will be up early having breakfast and go for a morning game drive. After the morning game drive, you will head back to your accommodation, have lunch and check out.
- Transfer to Bwindi: After lunch, you will head to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, you will arrive in the evening, check into your accommodation, have dinner and have your night rest.
Day 6: Gorilla Trekking and the Batwa Trail Experience
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: You will be up early again have breakfast, pack water and a meal for the trekking and be at the trekking offices by 7:45 am for grouping and briefing. After briefing your group will be assigned a ranger who will guide you on the trekking experience. You will spend an hour with the gorillas but the entire gorilla trekking experience will take 6-7 hours.
- Batwa Trail Experience: After the trekking you will head to the accommodation facility freshen up, relax, chill for a couple of hours and if you are up to it; in the evening have a batwa trail experience. After the Batwa Trail experience you will head back to your accommodation for dinner and a night rest.
Day 7: Bwindi to Kampala
- Transfer to Bwindi: The time you want to be in Kampala will determine what time you get up this day if you are not in a hurry 8 am would be a good time to be up to have breakfast and then embark on your journey to kampala. On your way to Kampala, you will have stops for bathroom breaks, snacks and stretches with main stops at Igongo for lunch, cultural museum tour and a hike to the eclipse monument if you are up to it. You will also stop in Kayabwe for the Equator experience and visit to the crafts markets. You will be in Kampala in the evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice in Kampala.
NB: If you in a hurry to reach Kampala, you will have a marathon drive with the main stop for lunch and others for bathroom breaks, snacks, and stretches.
End of the 7 Days Uganda Safari Tour
See also: 10 Days Budget Uganda Safari Tour