4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi tour is a short but relaxing & exciting Uganda safari tour that gives you an exclusive gorilla experience and a relaxing Moment at Lake Bunyonyi the deepest lake in Uganda. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park covering 331 sq. km is located in south-western Uganda on the edge of the Rift Valley in the ancient Bwindi rain forest. This impenetrable forest is among the most organically diverse places in the world and is home to over half of the world’s population of mountain gorillas.
Highlights of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi Tour
- Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking
- Day 3: Transfer from Bwindi to Kampala
- Day 4: Nature walk and transfer to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi
- Transfer to Bwindi: The first day of this safari will start in Kampala City, meaning you have to be in Kampala the day before the tour starts for you to be up early for the 8-9 hour journey ahead of you. As this is a long journey you will have to get up quite early have a heavy breakfast, pack a few snacks for the road and be on your way by 7:30 am latest 8 am. Your Tour guide will pick you up from your preferred location (in Kampala or Entebbe) which location should be communicated in advance. On your way to Bwindi, you will use the Kampala – Kabale – Nkuringo route and on your way, you will have a number of stops for lunch, snacks, bathroom breaks, stretches and sightings (Apart from the Equator Line Experience; all other sightings are optional).
- The Equator Experience: You will have a stop at the Equator line in Kayabwe; where you will have the opportunity to see the point where the equator crosses Uganda and visit nearby crafts markets.
- Igongo Cultural Center: You will continue on your journey and have another stop at Igongo for lunch. If you choose to have other sightings; you have a chance to tour Igongo Cultural Centre to acquit yourself with the Ankole culture; then after Lunch, if you are up to it you will take a hike to the Eclipse monument in Igongo (if you are not up to it, you can skip the hike). After that you will continue on your journey to Bwindi; viewing other sightings like roadside markets in most of the towns along the way, nature, and people communities from the comfort of the car.
- Check-in: You will arrive in Bwindi, in the evening, check into your accommodation facility, have dinner, chill, relax and get a night rest.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: Day two of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi Tour will start early too; you will have to be up at least by 7 am, have breakfast at your accommodation facility, pack your meal and water for the trek and all the other things you may need on the trek. 7:45 am you will gather at the Trekking offices for grouping, briefing on trekking guidelines and all other information you may need. Your group will be assigned a ranger who will take you on this trek then off you will go for your Gorilla trekking experience. The Gorilla trekking experience takes between 6- 7 hours depending on how far the gorilla family you’re visiting is; from your start point. You have to know that most of this time is spent on the trek to and from the gorilla family thus you only spend 1 hour with the gorillas. You will use this hour with the Gorillas to interact with them, take pictures and any other thing that is permitted by the authorities. After your trek, you will head back to your accommodation facility, freshen up, relax, have dinner and have a good night’s rest.
- Batwa Experience: If you are not so worn-out from the trek, your guide will pick you up for the Batwa Trail Experience which takes about an hour and a half; after you will be back at the accommodation for dinner and a good night’s rest. (The Batwa Trail Experience is optional)
Day 3: Transfer from Bwindi to Lake Bunyonyi
- Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: This day will start at 7 am with breakfast at your accommodation facility then you will check out of the facility and start your journey back to Lake Bunyonyi.
- Birding: You will arrive at Lake bunyonyi, in the mid-morning, check into your accommodation and then go for bird watching in the forest until lunchtime.
- Canoeing: You will have lunch at your accommodation facility and head out for canoeing on the lake and Punishment Island hiking. This activity will take you till the evening and after the activity you will head back to your accommodation for dinner and night rest.
Day 4: Nature walk and transfer to Kampala.
- Nature Walk: You will be up early on the final day of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi Tour, have breakfast and head out for a nature walk in the woods. After the walk you will then set off to Kampala. On your way to Kampala, you will have a Lunch stop in Mbarara and other stops for bathroom breaks, snacks, and stretches.
- Drop Off: You will arrive in Kampala in the evening and the guide will drop you at a location of your choice (Kampala or Entebbe Airport).
End of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi Tour
|All activities Mentioned above||Visas|
|Accommodation||Tips and Gratuities|
|English Speaking Tour Guide||Alcoholic Drinks|
|Drinking Water||Laundry Services|
|4WD Safari Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)||Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature|
See also: 3 Day Mountain Gorilla Trekking Safari