6 Days Jinja & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari
6 Days Jinja & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari takes you to both eastern and western Uganda to explore the source of the longest river in the world, river Nile and see the rare and endangered gorillas in their natural habitat.
Safari highlights of the 6 Days Jinja & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Kampala city tour
- Day 2: Mabira forest and source of the Nile
- Day 3: Itanda falls
- Day 4: Transfer to Bwindi
- Day 5: Mountain Gorilla trekking
- Day 6: Transfer to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Kampala city tour
- Kampala city tour: Day one of your 6 Days Jinja & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari will start with a city tour in Uganda’s capital Kampala, where you will get to visit several landmark sites in Kampala that include the Uganda Museum, The Kabaka Palace, Nakasero Market, The African Village, and other sites. This city tour will start at 9 am, when the tour guide picks you at a location/accommodation of your choice in Kampala, the tour will also take the whole day so you will have a lunch break during the tour to have lunch. After the tour in the evening, you will head back to your accommodation for dinner and night rest.
Day 2: Mabira forest and source of the Nile
- Transfer to Mabira Forest: Day two of your 6 days Jinja and Bwindi National Park Safari, the tour guide will pick you at your location/accommodation at 7 am and you will embark on a journey to eastern Uganda for your Mabira forest and source of the Nile experience.
- Mabira forest Experience: You will be in the Mabira forest at about 9 am, and then you will enter the forest for your forest nature walk where you will see numerous tree species, unique birds and butterflies that live in the forest. You will also have a forest zip-lining experience before you head out of the forest to proceed to Jinja town. The whole experience in the Mabira forest will take the whole morning so you will finish at about 1 pm.
- Transfer to Jinja/Source of the Nile Experience: You will then head to Jinja town, where you will have lunch and after lunch, you will proceed further in Jinja town to view the source of the Nile. After the source of the Nile experience, you will then head to your accommodation, check-in, spend the rest of the evening at leisure, later have dinner and a night rest.
Day 3: Itanda falls tour
- Itanda falls tour: Day three of your 6 days Jinja and Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari, will start early with breakfast at your accommodation, check out and at 8 am head to Itanda falls for an array of water adventures including water rafting, boat rides and many more. These activities take the whole day and you will have lunch break in between.
- Transfer to Kampala: After the whole day activities, you will head to Kampala, where you will spend an overnight at a location of your choice, preferably the one you used on the first two days.
Day 4: Transfer to Bwindi
- Transfer to Bwindi: Day four of your 6 days Jinja and Bwindi National Park Safari, the guide will pick you up at your accommodation at 7 am, and then you will head to South Western Uganda for your mountain gorilla trekking experience. This is a travel for the whole day so you will have lunch en route, you will also stop by the equator and Igongo village on your way to Bwindi National Park. You will be in Bwindi National Park, in the evening, check into your accommodation, and have dinner and then a night rest.
Day 5: Mountain Gorilla trekking
- Mountain Gorilla trekking Experience: Day five of your 6 Days Jinja & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari, you will be up early have breakfast at your accommodation, then head out to the park offices for a briefing session about the trekking experience, where the guidelines for the trekking experience will be communicated and then you will be assigned a ranger in a group, this ranger will take you through the forest where you will meet the mountain gorillas and spend an hour with the mountain gorillas. After the hour with the mountain gorillas you will leave the forest and head back to your accommodation for a late lunch and spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure. The trekking activity takes between 6 to 7 hours so you have to prepare yourself mentally. You will have dinner and an overnight stay at your accommodation.
Day 6: Transfer to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: Day six of your 6 days Jinja and Bwindi National Park Safari You will be up early, have breakfast, check out of your accommodation and then embark on your whole day journey to Kampala. Like the journey to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, you will have lunch en route and you will arrive in Kampala in the evening. The tour guide will drop you at a location of your choice and that will be the end of your 6 days Jinja and Bwindi National Park Safari.
End of the 6 Days Jinja & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari
This package includes
- All activities mentioned above
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Vehicle with Fuel and driver (tour guide)
This package excludes
- Tips and Gratuities
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Laundry Services
- Telephone calls and any other items of personal nature
- Air Flights